[Request] Graphics for my biter expanded mod

The place to share your custom game graphics.
evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Request] Graphics for my biter expanded mod

Post by evildogbot100 »

Hello, currently I'm working on a mod that do the following things
1. Add central biter base structure that spreads "creep" tile, for now let's call it creep-spreader
2. Biter base are always on creep
3. If creep-spreader died, creeps around it retract and gone
4. Biter base that is now not on creep died slowly
5. Player can't build on creep
Those 5 are the most important part, but there is an addition I really wanted to add too which is :
Creep-spreader also doubles as unit spawner depends on what resources get covered by its creep. Example : flying biter, resurrecting biter, healer biter, etc.
So, please help me with the graphic since I am a total spoon when it comes to graphic.

Current placeholder graphic : I use big worm enlarged 3 times for creep-spreader, and concrete tile for creep tile.
Creep-tumor.jpg
Creep-tumor.jpg (567.82 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Requests ranked from the most important :
1. Creep-spreader structure animation, 8x8 tile, possibly looks like zerg greater spire building from starcraft 1, blatant stealing from starcraft is fine as long as not breaching copyright.
2. Creep tile including its fading animation, also looks like stracraft 1 zerg creep, fading animation generally is just the tile progressively become invisible in multiple places and eventually fully invisible.
3. Flying biter, around behemoth in size, must have wings, looks and animated possibly like zerg mutalisk
4. Modified spitter, just slight modification is fine, used for healer biter, speed boost biter, goo biter (temporarily disable turret when attacking), etc. Generally the mage class of biters. If possible different enough from standard spitter and I am going to give them different tint but same model.
5. Modified biters, used for immortal biter, stone biter, etc, just biters with thick armor.
1 and 2 is fully done programming wise, 3 is definitely doable, 4 and 5 might be scraped since I'm not sure is it really possible modding-wise. Also, HD version if possible

Shapeshifters
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Request] Graphics for my biter expanded mod

Post by Shapeshifters »

Loaded up the mod expecting to see awesome Starcraft 1 creep in Factorio. Was disappointed to see the aliens had somehow learned how to pave their bases with strange purple concrete mix. So I went to work, stole all their concrete, and infested them with actual Zerg dna.. well.. slightly retarded Zerg dna.. and they produced this terribly adapted creep as seen in the attachment below.

I have literally zero experience texturing so these didn't turn out amazing or anything, but I don't think its quite that awful either considering it was done in a few hours of work. May rework them later to look a little less bad. As for fading animation I would have no idea how to include that. I mean I could make different versions of the textures at different transparencies as frames for it but it would be up to you to figure out how to make them into an animation.

All credits go to Blizzard Entertainment for the Starcraft 1 creep tileset and slight credit goes to yours truly for modifying and adapting them to fit in Factorio.
Attachments
creep.zip
(337.31 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

Return to “Texture Packs”