Reasonable Color Tiers (HD textures for 0.15)

The place to share your custom game graphics.
caiophox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Reasonable Color Tiers (HD textures for 0.15)

Post by caiophox »

Are you tired of colors making no sense? After 2k hours of Factorio you find yourself thinking about gray circuits, orange science packs and green belts? Look no further, here is a more reasonable tier system for your base (HD only). Yellow means basic, red means the next step and blue the best you can get (mostly). Just image replacements for inserters, assembling machines, circuits and science packs. To make the changes, unzip the file and drop the 'graphics' folder in \Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base and replace all the 50ish files it asks to replace. Make a copy of it first in case of any errors (or just delete the folder and validate the files on steam properties, it will download fresh ones for you).
Attachments
graphics.zip
Version 2:Fixed long handed icon
(6.54 MiB) Downloaded 328 times

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reasonable Color Tiers (HD textures for 0.15)

Post by daniel34 »

You should make this into a mod instead of replacing the base files.

With Steam the files will revert and you have to replace them again every time you validate the files or Factorio updates to a new version.
When used with the standalone version there's a good chance that the updater won't work and you'll have to download a new installer package from the website and reinstall Factorio.

Making it a mod solves these problems, it also allows you to upload it to the mod portal for easier installation.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

caiophox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by caiophox »

daniel34 wrote:You should make this into a mod instead of replacing the base files.
Mods are hard for people that never learned to code, also, it needs the same adjustments in future updates as this, since it will only fail to work on the names that get modified, like 'assembling_machine_1' becoming 'hr_assembling_machine_1'. Otherwise, you can just drag and drop this when needed and it wont conflict with any other mod, version, update, since if something goes wrong, you'll just add an extra file to the folder and the error sprite will behave as vanilla.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I completely understand where this mod is coming from. Tiers in this mod are all messed up.

I personally wouldn't have organised things the way you did, but it's definitely better than all colours all over the place like it is in the base game.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Maybe it will get all bland and boring when everything is blue in the lategame.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

AlmightyCrumpet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlmightyCrumpet »

Been making my own version of essentially this (although I only touch the needed inserters and assemblers). I don't have the right software to produce good recolours of the base assemblers though, would it be alright to use your images and possible for you to provide the HR versions as well? At the moment I have just used the base content and recoloured with free online software.
Link to mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/reasonable-colours
Thumbnail.png
Thumbnail.png (664.75 KiB) Viewed 4655 times

Return to “Texture Packs”