[Request] Coms Tower like entity

The place to share your custom game graphics.
anarchyinc
Inserter
Inserter

[Request] Coms Tower like entity

Post by anarchyinc »

I've been coding a layered entity that combines power pole + lamp + logistics into one 1x1 coms relay tower. I'm pretty proud of it and would like to share. However, my place holder graphics used a vanilla lamp pasted onto a bob's logistic zone expander base and I would just feel rude to use it. I would like to request 3 graphics; the tower, the lamp patch, and of course the icons.
Current measurements
Size doesn't have to be exact as I can adjust. I would like the style to be similar to modern day wifi/coms towers. My place holder is pretty much what I'm looking for but as I said, it isn't mine. I also need a realistic connection point for cables and the circuit connector sprites.
The concept
Current place holder
Edit: Add link to current mod viewtopic.php?f=97&t=32996
Last edited by anarchyinc on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Friends don't let friends drink & drive", "Gamers don't let gamers install steam"

anarchyinc
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Request] Coms Tower like entity

Post by anarchyinc »

Well, I tried my best and this is what I came up with...
I hate it.
But at least my new roboport looks nice.
"Friends don't let friends drink & drive", "Gamers don't let gamers install steam"

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Hate is too strong a word for that image. Overall it looks really good people will whine about the shinyness though :). The only thing that really looks out of place/weird is the wire connector.

anarchyinc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by anarchyinc »

Nexela wrote:Hate is too strong a word for that image. Overall it looks really good people will whine about the shinyness though :). The only thing that really looks out of place/weird is the wire connector.
I took your advice and it looks much better now. Still looks shinnier in game than it does in gimp so a lot of back and forth is needed. As well as getting the alignment right after I shifted in the wrong direction and forgot what the original was. It's 2am here, can't think straight.
backbone.png
backbone.png (25.73 KiB) Viewed 2712 times

Return to “Texture Packs”