[REQUEST] Melee Weapon Sprites

The place to share your custom game graphics.
TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[REQUEST] Melee Weapon Sprites

Post by TuckJohn »

I just need some sprites for a mod that I am making that adds "melee" weapons basically the plan is that it will have a lot of damage a not a lot of range, and be like a sword. I need a low-level sword, like a stone one. A higher level sword, like a steel one. A even higher level sword, like a low-level energy sword. Finally, a very high-level energy sword.
Because of the way that factorio's weapon system works, I also need the "ammo" for the swords. For the two low level swords, I need a graphic that represents a whetstone. For the two upper level swords, I need a futuristic-looking battery, to hold the charge that will be given to the energy swords.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: For more info, the sprites are intended to go into the weapon slots, so however big those slots is how big that the sprite has to be. Reference 'Pictures':
Stone & Iron Sword: Imagine Minecraft swords without the pixiliseation
Energy Swords:
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] Melee Weapon Sprites

Post by jorgenRe »

At first i got to say this seems like an interesting project, but then i'm sorry to say that it may not be possible to fully implement swords :(

The reason being that swords should(i think they need to ^_^) be animated(unless its a very pointy sword, or an extremely power hungry plasma sword), but with current possibilities it doesnt seem like you can animate the sword, due to the fact that from what i saw it seemed like the sprite used was only dependant on the direction of the player. Secondly it would require one to manually edit lots of spritesheets(yes its some really BIG ones :o ) because we dont have the player animation.

Now if it was possible i certainly could help, but seeing as it would be a very tedious job i'm not sure if i would do it fully myself, i could at the very least supply you with the required sprites, but as said you would be working late to finnish that and in the end you might not even be happy with the result seeing as the player holds the weapon as if it was a gun :/

Edit check out the graphics/entity/player and just see how many of those are for the gun.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Eh, that only applies if you really care about the graphics THAT much. I use the extra tools mod, with my own sprites I got from various sources, which entirely fail to match the pick-swinging animation and mining sound effects.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

jorgenRe wrote: Edit check out the graphics/entity/player and just see how many of those are for the gun.
Yeah; that is a lot. For now, I was just planning on tackling the thumbnails, and let the players figure out why a sword had the animation of a gun 8-)
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

TuckJohn wrote:
jorgenRe wrote: Edit check out the graphics/entity/player and just see how many of those are for the gun.
Yeah; that is a lot. For now, I was just planning on tackling the thumbnails, and let the players figure out why a sword had the animation of a gun 8-)
Oh then that makes it all a whole lot simpler :lol: !

Edit:
Okay each slot is 32 x 32 so there will still be the pixelation because minecraft uses 16 x 16 (dont fully remember items but i think those are like so as well :)!

Edit 2:
I'm not particurly good at designing weapons and such so i may not be the one who does it for you, but at least you now got the correct information in the first post, as it is very useful to clearly state what they want ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Return to “Texture Packs”