Author: Vlad
Downloads: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vlads-sol ... r-like-015
Screenshots: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vlads-sol ... r-like-015

Xtrafresh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] vlads water like in 0.15

Post by Xtrafresh »

Thanks for this! It's not perfect, but it does really help out a lot for continuing my 0.15 map. It's weird... It seems like it actually overlaps the nice 0.15 continents with the garbled mess that 0.16 makes... but only in the center. The further out we go, the less small junk islands are littered in the lakes.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Yeah, unfortunately the starting area (center) has some different behavior and it's hard to change it without affecting whole map in a bad way. I don't see it as a problem because usually only a small amount of water is generated there, much less than it's expected.

Another thing may be that I fully regenerated terrain with Alien Biomes mod (my modifications to the regeneration script are posted in its topic) so there was no original 0.15 terrain when 0.16 was generating and it helped me to avoid such issue.

Xtrafresh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xtrafresh »

I see. :)

Well, like you said, it's not a major issue. It's clear where 0.16 does it's jittery thing, I can just ignore those areas or landfill them (or waterfill them with a mod). Thanks a million for this, now I get to enjoy 0.16 :D

Return to “Mods”