[MOD 0.12.11+] Concreted Rail Tracks

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12] Concreted Rail Tracks

Post by Jonathan88 »

Not entirely sure how to do it but the most recent update has broken the mod.

error:
0.000 2015-10-16 20:54:47; Factorio 0.12.11 (Build 17100, linux64)
0.000 Operating system: Linux
0.000 Program arguments: "./factorio"
0.000 Read data path: /home/jonathan/Games/factorio/data
0.000 Write data path: /home/jonathan/Games/factorio
0.000 Binaries path: /home/jonathan/Games/factorio/bin
0.024 Available display adapters: 1
0.024 [0]: resolution 1920x1080px at [0,0]
0.024 Create display on adapter 0. Size 1280x720 at position [310, 162]. Monitor 0
0.362 Initialised OpenGL:[0] ATI FirePro V (FireGL V) Graphics Adapter ; driver: 4.4.13374 Compatibility Profile Context FireGL 14.201.1006.1002
0.416 Graphics options: [FullScreen: true] [VSync: true] [UIScale: 100%] [MultiSampling: OFF] [Graphics quality: normal] [Video memory usage: all] [Screen: 255]
0.458 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
0.460 Loading mod base 0.12.11 (data.lua)
0.529 Loading mod concreted-rails 0.1.1 (data.lua)
0.586 Loading mod RailTanker 1.1.0 (data.lua)
0.650 Loading mod SmartTrains 0.3.67 (data.lua)
0.708 Loading mod SmartTrains 0.3.67 (data-updates.lua)
1.198 Error Util.cpp:47: No loader found for "rail".
The game shows the loading bar for mods at 2% then crashes.

Please correct me if I have posted this wrong :)
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Updated for 0.12.11
Cannot test now. Tell me please if there'll be any issues.

Subway
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Subway »

Many thanks for the fast update! :mrgreen: Actually it works fine for me with 0.12.11 and an old savegame (0.12.10 + 0.1.2)

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Hey when doing the title of a mod it would be nice if you could write [MOD 0.12.11+] Concreted Rail Tracks updated: date
Seeing as it will be much easier for anyone to see wheter or not a mod has been updated, but most importantly if it works after an update like 0.12.11 ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] Concreted Rail Tracks

Post by Natha »

Will you update this mod to 0.13? :)

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Natha wrote:Will you update this mod to 0.13? :)
I'm not a coder unfortunately and I don't know how to update the mod. Since it is under free license, anyone who has will can take care of this mod and upload on the mod portal.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well it was easy to bring it up in 0.13 - no copyrights reserved by me.

Can anybody please help with the following features:
- quick replace vanilla rails with concrete ones
- enable rail planer

Greetings steinio
Attachments
concreted-rails_0.1.3.zip
(400.62 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

steinio wrote:Well it was easy to bring it up in 0.13 - no copyrights reserved by me.

Can anybody please help with the following features:
- quick replace vanilla rails with concrete ones
- enable rail planer

Greetings steinio
The problem with quick-replace and rails is that with it on you can't let rails cross cause the rail you're trying to cross gets quick-replaced.

The easiest solution is just to use the upgrade planner mod.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Yakuza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yakuza »

Any chance this will be updated to work with ver 14??

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Yakuza wrote:Any chance this will be updated to work with ver 14??
With upcoming changes to rail graphics, I doubt it's worth investing more time in this mod at present: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-163
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

aubergine18 wrote:
Yakuza wrote:Any chance this will be updated to work with ver 14??
With upcoming changes to rail graphics, I doubt it's worth investing more time in this mod at present: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-163
I made an update for 0.15 and managed to activate the rail planner with it.
Attachments
concreted-rails_0.1.4.zip
(736.58 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

View unread Posts

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Since manually placing different rail types is a hassle, would it be too much to ask for a version/option where placing rails on concrete - or placing concrete on rails - automatically converted the rails as necessary, and where the original recipes no longer exist?

That could fairly easily be done with a control.lua script watching things like entity building.

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Reika wrote:Since manually placing different rail types is a hassle, would it be too much to ask for a version/option where placing rails on concrete - or placing concrete on rails - automatically converted the rails as necessary, and where the original recipes no longer exist?

That could fairly easily be done with a control.lua script watching things like entity building.
This Upgrade builder has the ability to change rail types.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Still pushing further despite the new concrete design *sigh*

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/concreted-rails

View unread Posts

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

steinio wrote:Still pushing further despite the new concrete design *sigh*
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/concreted-rails
nice that this mod is still usable after so many years :-)

"invisible" instead or in addition to concreted rails?
three years ago, someone already had asked whether there might be an "invisible" version, so that the rails can be placed on any type of floor. at that time, the example of "color coding" and it's different colored concrete graphics was given, and now that would apply to vanilla too with the new looks of stone and concrete.
if you would adjust the concrete of the concreted rails to look like the new concrete, it no longer would match for those people who use the mod that makes 0.16 concrete look like 0.15 concrete again. and there are more floors where invisible rails might be nice, eg when building a "tram" on asphalt roads :-)

about converting rails:
there is a mod "naked rails" (you should know its author :-) that gives a few planner tools, to convert back and forth between "naked rails" (without gravel) and normal rails. a third planner turns naked/normal rails into naked/normal rail remnants, but not back. maybe something similar could be done for concreted rails? or maybe those two mods even could be merged into one mod that offers concreted and naked rails and conversion between them and normal rails?
i already tried those planner tools from that mod on concreted rails, and they turn concreted rails into naked and into straight rails without any problem, but of course there is no planner in that mod to turn any rails into concreted rails, and on making "concreted rail remnants" the game crashes (do i need to post a separate bug report for that mod ? it should check first whether rails can be made into remnants, and not blindly try and crash; this also applies when trying to remnantify wooden rails from bio industries, or junk rails from junktrains).
there is one problem when using those planners, and i have no quick and easy idea how to solve it (besides using an upgrade planner instead, and without new conversion recipes that would leave me with lots of old rails): they work "for free", thus making it possible to first build cheap rails (eg from JunkTrains) or medium priced rails (eg from vanilla or concreted rails) and then convert them to medium or expensive rails (eg from bio industries).

there is also a bug (or rather a missing feature):
in 0.16, colored block indicators were introduced in vanilla, and some other mods (bio industries, and also naked rails) also show those indicators on all their rail variants, but the concreted rails (as well as the rails from the JunkTrain mod) don't show them. this is probably due to the age of this mod (first version in 0.12 or older), but making available all (new) features of vanilla 0.16 would be nice.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

i updated the mod because i played with it a long time.
Now i changed to Naked rails, because it seemlessly changes the rails with every floor tile and i would recommend it more as this mod.

My modding skills are mostly limited to copy paste from other mods ;) but i'll have a look if i can spot the missing flag for colored rail segments.

This reminds me to suggest, that mined naked rails reconvert to standard rails.

View unread Posts

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Concreted Rail Tracks

Post by Anson »

steinio wrote:Now i changed to Naked rails, because it seemlessly changes the rails with every floor tile and i would recommend it more as this mod.
really ?
naked rails, bio industry straight rails, and concreted rails
naked rails, bio industry straight rails, and concreted rails
RRcrossing.PNG (410.12 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
the naked rails look nice on most floors, but especially when crossing roads or other pathways, i wouldn't want to be a car's tires :-)
that's why i would like to have really naked rails (pure track without any gravel or support; similar looking like concreted rails without the concrete :-) and not only those with only no gravel.
steinio wrote:My modding skills are mostly limited to copy paste from other mods ;) but i'll have a look if i can spot the missing flag for colored rail segments.
thanks. i myself know several languages and can understand lua, but neither write lua nor do i know all the specifics of factorio and its api :-(
while you are looking for that flag, can you please add that check to the naked rails mod, that looks whether "some-rail-type-remnants" exist before converting "some-rail-type" to "some-rail-type-remnants" and thus crashing with "item some-rail-type-remnants doesn't exist"? i don't care whether in that case you convert them to some other default remnants or (maybe even better) skip such rail pieces and don't convert them at all, but please don't crash.
steinio wrote:This reminds me to suggest, that mined naked rails reconvert to standard rails.
don't they do that already ?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hmm seems you missed a converting tool?

There are four tools:
- one for removing gravel,
- one for removing sleepers
- one to remnantify rails.
- one to reconvert to vanilla rails.

On your picture i only see you used the gravel removing one.

Yes you are right, they revert to vanilla rail on mining.
Attachments
naked rails.png
naked rails.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 5750 times

View unread Posts

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

steinio wrote:Hmm seems you missed a converting tool?
There are four tools: - one for removing gravel - one for removing sleepers - one to remnantify rails - one to reconvert to vanilla rails
yes, i did, i only found three tools since i installed the mod a while ago but only enabled it recently, and that missing tool is the most important to me (like you said: almost making concreted rails obsolete), while the reconvert-tool is a bit redundant (same as shift-dragging one of the first two?)

when starting a new map and the crafting menu is almost empty, it's easy to see them, but it's useless to have them yet. but when adding the mod later to an existing save or when no longer ignoring the (at first useless) items, those four items are mixed with other train related stuff. maybe the ordering of items into groups and subgroups could be improved, putting them together (maybe between signals and engines/wagons to keep them near to but still separate from rail types, or just at the very end since they are no real items but only tools that are crafted once)?

signs, stops and signals, rail types, engines, wagons and a tool to load cars on wagons, station (un)loader, radars, AAI and other road and air vehicles, and the naked tools
RRcrafting.PNG
RRcrafting.PNG (143.95 KiB) Viewed 5744 times
currently the best way to find them is probably to look for the infinity symbol :-)

as some kind of planner tools, i also would have expected them in the "B" part of the game together with blueprints, deconstruction and 4-5 other planner-tools that i have. btw: how do i get rid of the tools when i accidentally created more than one of each type (besides the "shoot the junkbox" trick or using a trashcan mod)?

ps: i just had a closer look again at the mod portal and saw that there are two "naked rails" mods, the original (version 1.0.0, 4 months ago) was available only for 0.15 when you published the A16_fix version 25 days ago and i downloaded it. but 20 days ago the original was updated and now both versions seem to be version 1.0.1 for factorio 0.16 ...
are they identical now, and which one should be used when starting a new map (which one is most probable to be updated in the future) ?

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

This doesn't work with the Rail Block Visualisation - is there any easy way to fix that?

Return to “Mods”