[MOD 0.14.x] UPS-up

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] UPS-up

Post by Arumba »

Trying to build a really large factory in a fairly modded game, and I noticed that this mod doesn't have support for the higher tiers of bobs radars. The speed up/pause only seems to apply to the mark 1 variant.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Arumba wrote:Trying to build a really large factory in a fairly modded game, and I noticed that this mod doesn't have support for the higher tiers of bobs radars. The speed up/pause only seems to apply to the mark 1 variant.
Yeah, that's true. The mod mostly does only support vanilla prototypes. Some new modded entities migth be broken with the mod, so i don't touch any at all. They would benefit less from the changes anyway due to the higher crafting speed of the modded assemblers, radars, etc.

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maja153 »

---Bug report---

I downloaded this mod as a part of the 3Ra Modpack, and now my machines are not working properly. As this mod messes with the UPS, it is the most likely cause.

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

Maja153 wrote:---Bug report---

I downloaded this mod as a part of the 3Ra Modpack, and now my machines are not working properly. As this mod messes with the UPS, it is the most likely cause.
Can you elaborate on your issue? In what way are your machines not working properly?
EDIT: I see that by your post on the mod portal that this mod is working as intended(in other words this behaviour is not a bug). If you would like help uninstalling the mod for an existing save-game, join our discord www.3ragaming.com/discord so we can walk you through the steps to correctly uninstall the mod (UPS-up has a different process for uninstalling as it changes all machines to make them more CPU efficient, which requires it to replace them with the original machines to uninstall.) If you don't have an existing game with the modpack or you are willing to break your old save just delete the UPS-up folder within the zip and remove UPS-up from modlist.lua within the mod.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Maja153 wrote:---Bug report---
This is probably not a bug, but the reason you save UPS. Some machines will work in intevalls. That means they will only work for 10% of the time, but therofor 10 times fester, so the overall production remains the same!

If you like to disable this behavior, you can go to "Factorio/mods/ups-up/" and open "config.lua" with a text editor. There you should change the properties in the lines 7 to 12 to false. There is currently no way of changing this behavior from the ingame options, so this way of turning the option off is a bit tricky.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

AntiElite wrote:
Arumba wrote:Trying to build a really large factory in a fairly modded game, and I noticed that this mod doesn't have support for the higher tiers of bobs radars. The speed up/pause only seems to apply to the mark 1 variant.
Yeah, that's true. The mod mostly does only support vanilla prototypes. Some new modded entities migth be broken with the mod, so i don't touch any at all. They would benefit less from the changes anyway due to the higher crafting speed of the modded assemblers, radars, etc.
I have a full base of Angels + Bobs, and it just does not work with any of them. Like 100 machines were changed. Too bad it's hard to get this to work properly.

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boksiora »

v0.1.5:
-Fixed a bug where crafting on very high crafting speeds was slowed down
:o :o :o

Hi, this seems not to be fixed for those mods
Advanced_Machines_0.1.6.zip
(204.27 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
FasterAssemblers_1.0.0.zip
(844 Bytes) Downloaded 130 times

zullkif
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zullkif »

Hi! Only host can use UPS mod in mp game?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

zullkif wrote:Hi! Only host can use UPS mod in mp game?
UPS-up (and any other mod) has to be installed on the server/host and on every client.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

zullkif
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zullkif »

daniel34 wrote:
zullkif wrote:Hi! Only host can use UPS mod in mp game?
UPS-up (and any other mod) has to be installed on the server/host and on every client.
We installed ups to server and players,but players cant used it.UPS icon disabled for us.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

zullkif wrote:We installed ups to server and players,but players cant used it.UPS icon disabled for us.
There is a setting called "Only admins may configure UPS-up options", if this is enabled then the UPS-up icon is disabled/invisible for the clients.
The host can promote clients to admin so that they can use UPS-up, see the second picture.
Images
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Aoz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aoz »

Have a mostly Vanilla+ factory that's suffering pretty badly.

I tried to install UPS-Up but it doesn't do anything. When I click the UPS++ button on the top left, the GUI doesn't show up. This is much different than if I start a new game, the UI comes up right away and everything works.

Mod list is:
Advanced Logistic System Update By Andrew
Base Mod
Bottleneck
Bullet Trails
EvoGUI
Foreman
Fully Automated Rail Layer
Laser Beam Turrets
Long Reach
Smarter Trains
The Fat Controller
UPS-up
Yet Another Resource Monitor Fork

This is a multiplayer game. But I am admin of the server (server settings say only admins can pause, and I can pause so I'm sure that's correct).
I dug through the code looking for a way to force the UI to pop up but I couldn't really find a way.

KingWut117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KingWut117 »

Can I install this partway through a save file to help with lag? Or should i only start fresh saves with it?

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

you can install and remove it partway through.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Since most features of the mod are implemented in 0.15 already, so I won't fix any bugs for 0.14 anymore. I'll probably do a rework of the mod on 0.15 though.

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jmurrayufo »

daniel34 wrote:
zullkif wrote:We installed ups to server and players,but players cant used it.UPS icon disabled for us.
There is a setting called "Only admins may configure UPS-up options", if this is enabled then the UPS-up icon is disabled/invisible for the clients.
The host can promote clients to admin so that they can use UPS-up, see the second picture.
Images

I'm running into this same issue. Default config, 14.22 on a dedicated host, nothing changed outside of the install of this mod. The icon shows up, but clicking it (as an admin or normal user) results in no changes. If I start up the game in a local copy, it seems to run fine? GUI opens when clicked, does what it aught to when run.

Zonk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zonk »

0,1 oilwells take forever. with speedmodules at 700% its pumping 0.1 crude oil every 15 seconds.
I have the feeling that the overall gamespeed DECRASED by 50%
inserters take 2-3 seconds to move wich result in unneccesary bottlenecks.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

jmurrayufo wrote:
daniel34 wrote:
Images

I'm running into this same issue. Default config, 14.22 on a dedicated host, nothing changed outside of the install of this mod. The icon shows up, but clicking it (as an admin or normal user) results in no changes. If I start up the game in a local copy, it seems to run fine? GUI opens when clicked, does what it aught to when run.
I couldn't test with a dedicated server unfortunally.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Zonk wrote:0,1 oilwells take forever. with speedmodules at 700% its pumping 0.1 crude oil every 15 seconds.
I have the feeling that the overall gamespeed DECRASED by 50%
inserters take 2-3 seconds to move wich result in unneccesary bottlenecks.
They work in intervalls and have a reduced anymation speed. The overall production should not change tho.

haoan165
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by haoan165 »

Could you please post instruction on how to uninstall UPS-up here? I can't seem to find a way to uninstall it without breaking my save.

Return to “Mods”