ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Tools for search and installing new mods as well as starting Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
ElizTriad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Post by ElizTriad »

Updating mods to 0.18 leads to a crash of ModMyFactory.
All mods are successfully downloaded, after which the program says an error and no longer starts.
The game starts without errors.
error-log.txt wrote:MoonSharp.Interpreter.ScriptRuntimeException: attempt to index a nil value
в MoonSharp.Interpreter.Execution.VM.Processor.ExecIndex(Instruction i, Int32 instructionPtr)
в MoonSharp.Interpreter.Execution.VM.Processor.Processing_Loop(Int32 instructionPtr)
в MoonSharp.Interpreter.Execution.VM.Processor.Call(DynValue function, DynValue[] args)
в ModMyFactory.Models.ModFile.GetSettings(ModCollection parentCollection, IHasModSettings owner)
в ModMyFactory.Models.Mod.LoadSettings()
в ModMyFactory.ModCollection.LoadSettings()
в ModMyFactory.ModCollection.EndUpdate()
в ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<UpdateModsAsyncInner>d__32.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
в ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<UpdateMods>d__33.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
в ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<<-ctor>b__239_7>d.MoveNext()
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
I am using ModMyFactory 1.11.0pre3 portable.
Deleting the folder ModMyFactory\mods\0.18 restores the program
When you delete several Angel and Bob mods, the program starts normally with other small mods.

Here is the list of mods that i use
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -list.json

I am ready to provide other required information to solve the problem. Sorry for my english i use google translator.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Use latest stable, the pre-release is buggy

ElizTriad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ElizTriad »

Artentus wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:59 am
This fixed the problem, the program starts. But there are other problems.
Whatever I do, any running version (17 or 18 / Steam or not) always watches mods in the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio The game does not pay attention to the mods in the MMF folder.

I tried to delete the mods, saves, scenarios folders from C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio and from ModMyFactory\Factorio\{4de77b98-2664-41f1-8439-0cc8ec9b83fd}
I completely uninstalled MMF and installed version 1.10.3, and reconfigured it again.
I ran MMF as administrator.

But all this turned out to be useless, the game still looks at the mods in the AppData folder, if there are no mods in the AppData folder, then they do not appear in the game either.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I've had people report this before. The folder in appdata is supposed to be replaced by a symlink, but for whatever reason this doesn't seem to always work.

Please note though that I am no longer developing this version of ModMyFactory and therefore this will not be fixed anymore. Eventually MMF2 will be ready and completely replace it.

recall2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by recall2000 »

ElizTriad wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:56 pm
Artentus wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:59 am
This fixed the problem, the program starts. But there are other problems.
Whatever I do, any running version (17 or 18 / Steam or not) always watches mods in the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio The game does not pay attention to the mods in the MMF folder.

I tried to delete the mods, saves, scenarios folders from C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio and from ModMyFactory\Factorio\{4de77b98-2664-41f1-8439-0cc8ec9b83fd}
I completely uninstalled MMF and installed version 1.10.3, and reconfigured it again.
I ran MMF as administrator.

But all this turned out to be useless, the game still looks at the mods in the AppData folder, if there are no mods in the AppData folder, then they do not appear in the game either.
Manually make a symlink from the AppData folder to the MMF/mods/v18 (or whichever version matches your game version) folder. I'd backup the whole Factorio folder in AppData, delete the mods folder, then run (change paths as needed) the following to create a symlink:

mklink /D D:\Games\ModMyFactory\mods\v18 C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods

Repeat for saves and scenarios folders. If you ever want to go back to "normal", delete the symlink from AppData\Factorio (delete like you would a normal file) and copy the contents of MMF/mods/v18 (or whichever version) to AppData\Factorio\mods (recreate folder) and repeat for saves/scenarios folders.

And thanks to Artentus for MMF. A v2 is planned? Nice.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Already in development. Will come with cross platform support and a server edition.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 2 Alpha 1.0 released

Post by Artentus »

It's finally here, the first usable build of MMF2!
Please keep in mind this release should not be relied on, it's bound to be unstable, so don't replace your old MMF with it. You can however install it side-by-side without messing things up.

MMF2 comes with the following improvements:
  • Cross-platform support
    MMF2 will run on any operating system supported by the .Net Core 3.0 runtime, however I only officialy support Windows (7, 8.1 and 10) as well as Linux Debian (and derivations thereof).
    Notably I do not support MacOS due to the fact that I don't have access to a Mac.**
    On systems that I don't support you can expect certain functionality to not work and/or cause MMF to crash.
  • Less intrusive
    MMF2 is less intrusive than MMF1. Mod directories will now be passed as argument to Factorio rather than redirecting them using symlinks.
    This will resolve any and all issues you had with Factorio not using the correct directory, and it will also leave your Factorio installations completely untouched.
    Note this means you will now have to start Factorio using MMF2 if you want to use the MMF2-configuration. The ability to create shortcuts should make this a non-issue for the most part.
  • Streamlined UI
    If you are fed up with waiting for some download to finish to continue managing your mods MMF2 will make your life a lot easier.
    Most operations will now run in the background and the UI has been restructured in a way that makes switching between different parts of MMF (e.g. manager, Factorio instances, mod portal) a lot more smooth.
What's yet to come to MMF2:
  • Modpack exporting
    This is an important signature feature of MMF and will be part of the next alpha release.
    Modpacks exported in MMF2 will be fully backwards-compatible with ones exported in MMF1, in both directions.
  • Managing of mod settings and blueprints
    After the failed experiments with this feature in the last pre-releases of MMF1 I will approach this in a different way.
    No plan yet for when this is to come, but it will be there before I switch to the beta branch.
  • Server version
    I plan on creating a server manager based on MMF2 after MMF2 has entered beta. It will look and behave much the same as MMF2 but as a web interface.
    If everything goes to plan the server manager will run on both Linux and Windows servers as well as inside Docker containers.
Downloads
Since there are a lot of different options available and I have fully automated my build process I will no longer upload releases to the forum.
You can download them directly from GitHub instead:
https://github.com/Artentus/ModMyFactory2/releases

Which option should you download?
  • Windows:
    You can either download <version>_win.zip, in which case you need to have the .Net Framework 4.7.2 or later installed on your machine. This is the recommended choice for Windows users.
    Or you can download <version>_x-plat.zip, in which case you need to have the .Net Core 3.0 runtime or later installed on your machine. This choice will require you to start MMF2 using the dotnet CLI so it is mostly for people who know their stuff and prefer .Net Core.
    Or you can download <version>_standalone_win64.zip, which does not come with any additional requirements but is a much larger download. This choice is not recommended if you have one of the two runtimes listed above already installed (which is very likely).
  • Linux:
    You can download <version>_x-plat.zip, in which case you need to have the .Net Core 3.0 runtime or later installed on your machine. This choice will require you to start MMF2 using the dotnet CLI. This is the recommended choice if you have the runtime already installed.
    Or you can download <version>_standalone_linux64.zip, which does not come with any additional requirements. This choice is recommended if you do not have the runtime installed and are not interested in installing it.
  • Mac:
    Note that MacOS is not officially supported!
    You can download <version>_x-plat.zip, in which case you need to have the .Net Core 3.0 runtime or later installed on your machine. This choice will require you to start MMF2 using the dotnet CLI. This is the recommended choice if you have the runtime already installed.
    Or you can download <version>_standalone_osx.zip, which does not come with any additional requirements. This choice is recommended if you do not have the runtime installed and are not interested in installing it.
**If you are a .Net developer knowing your way around targeting MacOS I will gladly accept contributions.

Chainik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chainik »

Oh! Very interesting! Thank you!

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 2 Alpha 2.0 released

Post by Artentus »

As promised exporting modpacks is now a thing. Import works over command line or drag and drop for now until I figure out the UI.
Various issues have also been resolved and small improvements have been made all over the place.
I won't be taking note of everything during the alpha so I don't have to write a novel every time. ^^

Download link from my previous post is still valid (and will stay valid in the future).

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

crashed right at startup:

Here is the error-log (by the way, the log was created in the apps homedirectory and not in %appdata% :) )
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Markup.StaticExtension' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\rogpf\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\_vreni\ModMyFactory_1.11.0pre3_portable\mods'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateDirectories()
at ModMyFactory.ModSettings.ModSettingsManager.LoadSettings()
at ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.Refresh()
at ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel..ctor()
at ModMyFactory.ViewModels.MainViewModel.get_Instance()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
at System.Windows.Markup.StaticExtension.GetFieldOrPropertyValue(Type type, String name, Object& value)
at System.Windows.Markup.StaticExtension.ProvideValue(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CallProvideValue(MarkupExtension me, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
used "ModMyFactory_1.11.0pre3_portable.zip"

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I no longer provide support for MMF1, especially not for the buggy pre-release. Use the stable 1.10 or MMF2

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Artentus wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:05 am
I no longer provide support for MMF1, especially not for the buggy pre-release. Use the stable 1.10 or MMF2
thats fine.

but maybe think about editing first post of this page which links directly to this old, outdated, not-supported versions :?:

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

The pre-release is currently the only version that supports mod settings editing. That's why it's on there, in case people want that.
The stable is, while not supported, the current version I recommend to use productively so it's not going anywhere until MMF2 enters beta.

freyr_666
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by freyr_666 »

On the version 2.0.0.2 when you select some mods for download (For example F.A.R.L) the gui close without giving an error on the logs

Daeruun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Daeruun »

On V2.0.0.2 Settings seem not to be saved.
At least I cannot make MMF Gui install Factorio to another folder than its %appdata%-folder.
Neither 'install directory' nor 'custom directory' are saved over a restart.
settings.json is not modified

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I have identified and resolved both of these issues.
However my automated build environment currently requires an update until I can push new releases. SInce it's a 3rd party service I have no control over when this will happen so you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

MMF displays false warnings of missing dependencies when dependency is 0.18 and mod 1.0.
bug.png
bug.png (81.29 KiB) Viewed 7226 times

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

This is due to Factorio 1.0 and 0.18 being considered the same by the game but not by MMF.
I will resolve this issue for MMF2.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 2 Alpha 2.1 released

Post by Artentus »

Small update to make it work with Factorio 1.0 and the fact that mods targeting 1.0 and 0.18 are compatible among each other.
Download link is now in the first post.

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

It's not loading for me -

2020-08-16 11:19:17.234 -04:00 [INF] GUI version: 2.1.0.6-alpha
2020-08-16 11:19:17.323 -04:00 [INF] Using ModMyFactory v1.1.0.57-alpha
2020-08-16 11:19:17.324 -04:00 [INF] Using ModMyFactory.BaseTypes v1.1.0.15-alpha
2020-08-16 11:19:17.324 -04:00 [INF] Using ModMyFactory.Export v1.0.0.18-alpha
2020-08-16 11:19:17.324 -04:00 [INF] Using ModMyFactory.Localization v1.0.0.6-alpha
2020-08-16 11:19:17.325 -04:00 [INF] Using ModMyFactory.ModSettings v1.0.0.17-alpha
2020-08-16 11:19:17.325 -04:00 [INF] Using ModMyFactory.WebApi v1.0.0.24-alpha
2020-08-16 11:19:17.325 -04:00 [INF] Using ModMyFactory.Win32 v1.0.0.10-alpha

Return to “Mod and installation managers”