ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Tools for search and installing new mods as well as starting Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Post by Artentus »

Try 1.5.12pre1 please. If the error you get is not related to authentication chances are it will fix it.

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

Ok, Now we're cooking :)

1.5.12pre1 is updating mods properly again.

Happy to see it working again. This is hands down the best mod manager I've found for factorio.

I did notice though that when you go to download mods, it doesn't display the descriptions and what not, but otherwise seems ok.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Yes, the descriptions are currently broken. They got removed from the API I am currently using and I haven't figured out how to access it again yet.

Rachmaninov
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rachmaninov »

I'm having an issue updating mods; it finds all the mods that have an update, then when I approve them, it fails and give a nondescript message about needing a stable connection. I know I have a good connection; the manager itself even downloads new Factorio instances fine. Is there a log I can look at to troubleshoot, or a more verbose message I can trigger?

salttotart
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by salttotart »

Rachmaninov wrote:I'm having an issue updating mods; it finds all the mods that have an update, then when I approve them, it fails and give a nondescript message about needing a stable connection. I know I have a good connection; the manager itself even downloads new Factorio instances fine. Is there a log I can look at to troubleshoot, or a more verbose message I can trigger?
This is due to the updates to the Mod Portal. I'm sure Artentus is working on adjusting the API to bring back full functionality. In the meantime, we all have to update and install mods manually.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Rachmaninov wrote:I'm having an issue updating mods; it finds all the mods that have an update, then when I approve them, it fails and give a nondescript message about needing a stable connection. I know I have a good connection; the manager itself even downloads new Factorio instances fine. Is there a log I can look at to troubleshoot, or a more verbose message I can trigger?
Check if your system isn't using a proxy server, on windows, press WINDOWS key and type Proxy, it'll open a proxy config page, make sure the buttons says disabled on the proxy configs, or, if you really use a proxy, check if the settings matches your system's defaults.
If you're using a wireless connection, check if the signal strenght is at least on 2 bars otherwise you might have latency disconnect issues, a workaround on this is to get a network management software or forcefully make your TTL to be locked on 1, I recommend using CFosSpeed for any computer that doesn't come with Killer Network Manager.

Rachmaninov
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rachmaninov »

I appreciate the answers. I'm not using a proxy, and my wireless connection is at full strength: I'm luckily only 12 feet and a wood wall away from the router. I thought it might be the API issue, though I'm using pre12 and I saw a post about it being resolved with that release, hence why I wanted a more verbose error message.

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

yea thats he same problem i was initially talking about. it is not logged either :/

freyr_666
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by freyr_666 »

Same problem here, Probgram is able to locate un updated mods, but after click update it says no internet connection,

I think the problem comes since the mod portal update some weeks ago

Rask01
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rask01 »

I've had this problem for weeks. Thought it was an issue with a new computer I loaded 1.5.11 on but it's the same on all of the ones I have Factorio on. Just tried loading 1.5.12Pre1 and the issue is till there. Obviously not got an internet issue otherwise we'd be back in the stone age! Shame really as it is a very useful utility but totally unusable as it is.

Regards,
JLB

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Ok guys, I am aware of this issue. Over on Github a few guys and I have just worked out that using your username instead of your e-mail may fix this problem. Please try doing that and report if it works for you.

laku
Inserter
Inserter

Post by laku »

It works again using the username instead of the email. Thank you very much for solving it :)

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Thank you for testing.

I am currently getting the email to work again, hotfix should be out today.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 1.5.12pre2 released

Post by Artentus »

This is another hotfix that addresses the problem of some people getting a non-descriptive error message when trying to download or update mods.

The problem was related to using your e-mail address in your credentials instead of your username, which the API does no longer allow since the update to the mod portal. What happens now instead when you input your e-mail is ModMyFactory will automatically aquire your username and use it instead (so don't be confused when your username appears in the saved credentials instead of your e-mail).

freyr_666
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by freyr_666 »

using username instead of e-mail works. Thanks for the fix and great work!

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 1.5.12pre3 released

Post by Artentus »

• Added basic descriptions for mods back in. Full description still not working since the mod portal update, working on it.
  • Added Korean translation.

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

For some reason it now uses the appdata factorio directory when locating mods. Im not entirely sure how the manager functions but despite launching different versions, it simply only ever looks in the root factorio folder for mod files.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

What you are describing sounds like somehow the folder junctions got messed up.

What directory exactly are we speaking of when you say it reads from the Factorio AppData directory? Are you talking about AppData\Roaming\Factorio or some other location?

Also, what kind of versions of Factorio are you using? Standalone versions installed with ModMyFactory or the Steam Version?

webbatron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by webbatron »

Is there a way for me to export the mod pack I made as a normal folder like when you download a mod?

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

That is not possible. I haave plans to improve my export format to include mods so they don't have to be downloaded from the mod portal when importing, but that will still require ModMyFactory to install.

Sadly it is not as simple as throwing all the mod files into a single folder and then calling it done, doing that would create conflicts that could only be resolved manually by a programmer.

Return to “Mod and installation managers”