Factorio Mod Manager 0.2.1

Tools for search and installing new mods as well as starting Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Mod Manager 0.2.1

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

DaveKap wrote:Okay I started trying to use this in earnest today and have spent the last half hour pulling my hair out over figuring this out.

Here's the issue. First of all, you don't state what the data directory SHOULD be for Factorio. If I installed Factorio to X:\Factorio then I assumed the data directory you were talking about is the X:\Factorio\data directory. However, in my Windows 7 install of Factorio 12.x, mods are not installed at the X:\Factorio\data\mods directory which SEEMS to be what your program is looking for. However, the mod directory for this installation of Factorio is actually a shortcut from X:\Factorio\mods which leads to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods. If I try to tell your mod manager that my data directory is actually C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\ and set up the fmm directories and mod files appropriately, when I run the mod manager I can see the mods listed correctly but when I launch the game, the proper mods are not enabled or disabled. In fact, they aren't seen by the game at all.

I have been re-reading your documentation and I believe the biggest issue here is your mod manager isn't accounting for the data structure Factorio 12.x is using. Do you know about this? Is FMM only supposed to work for 11.x and below? I've tried numerous configurations to get it to work and none of them have been successful, including putting the mods and fmm into the actual X:\Factorio\data directory. Factorio, though, isn't very happy with that and still refuses to acknowledge any mods are installed unless they are actually inside the AppData directory as described above. Help!

I'm running it find in 0.12 (Don't think I changed anything from .11)
The Data Directory should be the AppData folder as you tried the second time.
When you run it for the first time (if I'm remembering this correctly) it should move all the files in Roaming/factorio/mods into Roaming/factorio/fmm/default and it will dynamically copy to the mods folder.

If your mods aren't getting selected (which is what seems to be happening) check the modlist.json if they are enabled.
If they're not, thats your current issue. Delete the file and run factorio 1/2 times for it to generate the file, or you can manually change to enabled.

Let me know if any of that makes sense, or if it works.

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

Thank you. Knowing that the data directory IS supposed to be the appdata folder helped me get this all sorted. Working smoothly now!

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Not sure if this is still being developed. But I'm running into a bug.

Exception in thread "DirectoryWatchService" java.lan.NullPointExpception.

I can provide a stack trace if needed.

It's not reliably repeatable. But generally its when I've closed it down without running a modpack, and then re-opened it. (Updating Mods)

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

I have a bug to report- if there is a mod in the .../fmm/[modpack name]/ directory that has a info.json that only contains {} or is blank/empty, the FMM process runs but the window does not pop up. Very frustrating.

Also, a way to enable all/none of the mods in a single modpack would be really nice.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Aidoboy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aidoboy »

The URI links aren't working for me, is there anything I need to do to set them up?

narrowtux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by narrowtux »

Aidoboy wrote:The URI links aren't working for me, is there anything I need to do to set them up?
It's not yet implemented.

Aidoboy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aidoboy »

narrowtux wrote:
Aidoboy wrote:The URI links aren't working for me, is there anything I need to do to set them up?
It's not yet implemented.
Oh, ok. Thant makes sense.

_Skuzzzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio Mod Manager 0.1.2

Post by _Skuzzzy »

StanFear wrote:
narrowtux wrote: Hey thanks for the kind words. Do you already have something to show? Code perhaps?

The next steps I would like to do are to allow the player to choose a savegame he/she wants to play and the manager would figure out what mods are needed to play the save.

I will happily accept pull requests if you want to implement features yourself.
well, for now, just testing code, and in C# not Java...
as to your idea, that's a great one !
I don't think there is a way to tell the game to start a precise savegame though, that would have been great ! (maybe I will ask for this option, and for another one I need for mine, mouahahahaha ! :lol:)
Hey if you plan on making a mod manager, please do not write it in C# unless you verify mono can run it properly. Otherwise you screw over the mac and linux folks.

yngndrw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio Mod Manager 0.1.2

Post by yngndrw »

_Skuzzzy wrote:
StanFear wrote:
narrowtux wrote: Hey thanks for the kind words. Do you already have something to show? Code perhaps?

The next steps I would like to do are to allow the player to choose a savegame he/she wants to play and the manager would figure out what mods are needed to play the save.

I will happily accept pull requests if you want to implement features yourself.
well, for now, just testing code, and in C# not Java...
as to your idea, that's a great one !
I don't think there is a way to tell the game to start a precise savegame though, that would have been great ! (maybe I will ask for this option, and for another one I need for mine, mouahahahaha ! :lol:)
Hey if you plan on making a mod manager, please do not write it in C# unless you verify mono can run it properly. Otherwise you screw over the mac and linux folks.
There's always .Net Core, a lot more reliable than Mono.

It looks like this manager just copies the mods into and out of the game. It could create a symbolic link instead which might be a nicer way of doing it and this would also help server owners who have more than one server running - There's no point in duplicating the files between each server. That said, please seem my package manager comment on the FactorioMods.com thread: viewtopic.php?p=134725#p134725

Karrade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Karrade »

nm ignore this post, I was missing a file.

Loli in a Box
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Loli in a Box »

Weird FMM 0.2.1 basically refused to detect my mods after i put them in the "default" folder... but the game works perfectly fine with manual modding...

Artorp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Artorp »

Hey, love this manager. Would it be possible to add an "apply" button? Sometimes I wish to switch mod profile without launching the game.

meltedplasticarmyguy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by meltedplasticarmyguy »

I am confused on the set up and use of this. Can someone tell me a step by step for this. I place the mod folders in what I thought was the right spot but nothing happened. I think I need to start from scratch and make sure I do it properly.

dewast
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dewast »

Hi, I cant operate Factorio modpacks, it is working - I can see names of mods, but there is only name, Version and enabled is empty no numbers or window to check or click, please write it down step by step, meaby I make a mistake somwhere, from the instruction on the first page of this forum subject.
Thanks for reply.

Artorp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Artorp »

I've run into an issue when trying to change the config of a mod, when extracted it seems like FMM doesn't detect the mod, and is unable to copy the folder. Does FMM support folders?

Vintagge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vintagge »

I can't tell if it's an error on my end or the program's, but I made a new modpack. But it's not loading, the progress bar has stopped at the end, and isn't moving. Is it because the mods I chose are dependent on others I don't know about. But I'm stumped. Here's a screenshot of it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

And yes I've tested each individual mod, to no avail. :evil: :cry:
Attachments
Help, Mod errors..jpg
Help, Mod errors..jpg (184.65 KiB) Viewed 9133 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

can't get it work.

My data and mods folders are directly under /Factorio.

So i selected
- Factorio executable: /Factorio/Factorio.exe
- Factorio data directory: /Factorio/data

Then this app creates a new folder 'fmm' under /Factorio/data/ but no mods are copied.

Don't know but would it not be easier to just modify the mods.json?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

flaming910
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by flaming910 »

Got a little suggestion for you. Can you make it so each modpack has its saves also copied over into the file? I play with several mod packs at once and its annoying to keep switching the saves out.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well the authors last login was December 2015.
I don't expect any answers.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

flaming910 wrote:Got a little suggestion for you. Can you make it so each modpack has its saves also copied over into the file? I play with several mod packs at once and its annoying to keep switching the saves out.

why would you move the files ? you can start the game with no mods, and it won't break your saved games that uses mods you know ...
so saves with differents modpacks can coexist !

Return to “Mod and installation managers”