ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Tools for search and installing new mods as well as starting Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
mrhedgehog0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Post by mrhedgehog0 »

Artentus wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:07 pm
I've uploaded a new update, check if it improves anything.
If you're willing to help (which may take some time tho) I can keep sending you dev-builds until everything works. I don't want to spam the public releases with experimental builds that may not even do anything.
I'd be glad to test dev builds

Alazair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alazair »

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but I can't seem to figure out how to import modpacks. Unlike MMF1, there is no File menu with the Import Modpacks selection, no Import Modpacks button in the top bar, and the Ctrl+I hotkey to import doesn't seem to exist either (or hardly any other hotkeys, for that matter). There's no option to import them in the Modpacks field of the window, and there's no option to import in a right click menu because there is no right click menu. (Why is there no right click menu, btw?) There's no option to import modpacks in the Download Mods tab, or in the Modpack Export tab, and the Settings tab doesn't mention anything about modpacks at all. Heck, I've even tried dragging the modpack file into the Modpacks field of the window and simply double clicking the modpack to open it with MMF2. None of these methods worked for me! How the heck do you import modpacks in MMF2? Lol...

I'm going to be getting a friend into the game, but I don't wanna be like, "Alright, so you download the game and the mod manager, go to the Download Mods tab and then search for and download all fifty of these mods individually, then add these ones to one modpack, and those ones to another, then..." Yeah, no. I'm not even gonna start until I can simply tell him to import this set of modpacks, and select these two.

Also, is there a way to check mod dependencies, both required and optional, and conflicts for every mod in your list like you could in MMF1? I don't see that option anywhere either. It's not quite as important as importing modpacks because I can just look at every mod entry in game, then download all the dependencies myself before sending the modpacks to others, but being able to do so in MMF2 would definitely be soo much faster and easier.

And a feature request... When attempting to recreate modpacks I had from MMF1 (because I haven't been able to figure out how to import modpacks), I noticed that like MMF1, you can select multiple mods in the modlist on the left, but then to my annoyance and unlike MMF1, trying to drag all selected mods over into the modpack deselects everything that had been selected and drags only the mod that the mouse cursor is actually on. Could this multidrag feature that was in MMF1 please be added to MMF2?

Oh btw, I noticed that the checkmark at the beginning of the name of the Todo List mod shows up just fine in MMF1, but in MMF2, it only shows a null character box. Exceedingly minor issue, but I figured you may want to know about it. Thank you for all your hard work on creating a tool for managing mods that is direly needed with a game like Factorio. It is very much appreciated.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

The short answer to that is there is still a lot to do until I can mark MMF2 as stable.

Most of your points are directly related to the fact that in order to make MMF2 cross-platform compatible I had to use an entirely different GUI framework so I had to design everything from scratch again.
And at the moment I still have a pile of issues to resolve so GUI is not a priority. Rest assured all these things will eventually come back.

Importing modpacks does work, but only using the command line at the moment.

Walkloly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Walkloly »

Hello,
Please what is the command to import a fmp modpack ?

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

ModMyFactoryGUI --import <path>

momift
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by momift »

Hi,
how to use MMF with steam account?

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

You mean how to log in? You'll have to link your Steam account with a factorio.com account, then you can use that to log in.

Return to “Mod and installation managers”