Optimizing Input Rate vs. Output Rate

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
Draf73r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Optimizing Input Rate vs. Output Rate

Post by Draf73r »

So I have a cool spread sheet (WIP) that I've been working on if anyone cares to make use of it.
Once it is done I would like it to cover all item production starting from resource to finished product, purely in the form of required input/sec to meet the desired output/sec.
link to file here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Right now it does not cover all items. I originally made this to cover my oil processing to make sure I wouldn't get any backups, but it quickly grew to cover all "intermediate items" (cannot be placed but used in other recipes), all resources, and the place-able items that are required to make other "intermediate items" like science packs.

I've done this much so far I might a well cover the whole game!
Hopefully this is usefull to some. I using it to build my "perfect base" in map editor to see if everything works like the numbers say.
There may be something like this already for all I know. Let me know. :)

p.s. if anyone that is good with excel knows a better way to do some of the functions I made, let me know. I'm not very good and I feel like I "brute forced" my way through a few things.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Optimizing Input Rate vs. Output Rate

Post by LordFedora »

Me and my roommate (a computer and industrial engineer) are working on an excel document that will crawl the install folder and update itself with all the recipes from both base and each installed mod, we're almost done just working on base-edit

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Very interesting...looks like an impressive amount of work. This will come in handy as I update the layout of my base.

Draf73r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Draf73r »

LordFedora wrote:Me and my roommate (a computer and industrial engineer) are working on an excel document that will crawl the install folder and update itself with all the recipes from both base and each installed mod, we're almost done just working on base-edit
Very cool LordFedora! That would be a huge upgrade to what I have. Let me know if you plan on publishing it.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

I'm waiting on him atm, it's slow work though, i'll poke him a bit more but this quarter is hard for both of us, when it's done we'll post if for sure though...

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

I've got a few ideas I'd like to try with that dataset myself, thanks for all the hard work. :D

Draf73r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Draf73r »

I appreciate the comments, thanks :D
I just did a quick update to the file to fix an equation error I had with the Output Rate Column when adding modules.
Basically what I HAD was: (Base rate) + (net speed % increase of base rate) + (net productivity % increase of base rate)
What it is NOW is: (base rate + (net speed % increase of base rate) + (net productivity % increase of (base rate + (net speed % increase of base rate))

My previously posted link has the updated file.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Watchout for switching between adv. processing and basic processing on the refinery, you have an error where it does not properly read which recipe to use because the merged field on the refinery level is considered C12, light and gas output values aren't changed

Draf73r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Draf73r »

katyal wrote:Watchout for switching between adv. processing and basic processing on the refinery, you have an error where it does not properly read which recipe to use because the merged field on the refinery level is considered C12, light and gas output values aren't changed
That must be an issue with importing an excel sheet into a google docs sheet. Thanks for letting me know.
I just un-merged the cells and kept top cell an input and bottom two slave cells.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Off-topic (but eventually interesting):
LordFedora wrote:Me and my roommate (a computer and industrial engineer) are working on an excel document that will crawl the install folder and update itself with all the recipes from both base and each installed mod, we're almost done just working on base-edit
See https://github.com/alexaulbach/FactorioLoaderLib

cause the only sure way to generate this on the long run is by executing Lua in a way that is like it is executed by Factorio...

If there is any issue with this please tell, I have a bit more time in the next weeks and can/will fix all.

My current task is to generate other formats out of the xml. Like CSV or so or make it useable for the wiki. I'm currently at this

http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/groupi ... chian.html
http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~ob ... muenchian/

to group all entities by their types.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

Well, right now i have a exactable that parses the lua files and puts the relevant information into a csv

then my roommate does his excel magic both before as he unzips them, and after where he pulls the items etc from the csv, and generates the rest of the needed data

i COULD use that to more easily parse the files, but then i wouldn't have needed to give me a minor aneurysm over the last 3 weeks working on my parser...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

:lol:

Nobody is forced to use it. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”