Blueprint Power Consumption Calculator

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
Zimtrax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Blueprint Power Consumption Calculator

Post by Zimtrax »

Just a simple Java-Application that takes a blueprint string and calculates the power consumption of the machines, inserters etc.

Requirements:
  • Java Version: 1.8.0 (Java 8)
  • Game Version: 0.16
  • Operating System: Windows / Linux / MacOS
  • Dependencies: Gson 2.8.5 (Only for building the JAR)
Notes:
  • Does not use modules in the calculation
Important:

Windows users are advised to use the PowerShell instead of the Command Prompt (CMD). Because the CMD has a limit on the characters you can paste into it, using a large blueprint (long blueprint string) can result in the string not being pasted in it's entirety, therefore passing an incomplete string to the application which will throw an error.

Download from GitHub
Usage
In the example blueprint I used 3 Inserters (3 * 13 kW = 39 kW) and 1 Fast Inserter (46 kW) which, added together, should consume 85 kW.
I used the values for the current version of the game (0.16.51 at the time of writing).
It's really just intended to give a quick overview of the maximum power consumption (again, not using any modules in the calculation).

The code is a bit messy, the power consumption values are hard-coded and I'm not using the Blueprint API for Java that has been posted here on the forum. But it works - at least as far as I can tell - and should be accurate, although I will add the modules to the calculation as soon as I am able to.

Feel free to contact me if you experience any problems or notice that the calculations are off, either by posting it here or by contacting me directly (I am also on the Factorio Discord).

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”