Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Post by Nicksaurus »

oLaudix wrote:Did it stop using speed modules for anyone else after 0.12 hit?

Issue is probably caused by change to how the number of slots in machines are coded.
ps666 wrote:I have the same problem.
Should be sorted now: https://bitbucket.org/Nicksaurus/foreman/downloads

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ps666 »

Thanks a lot!

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Anyone tried this with Bob's Modules? It accepts the modules inside AM slots, but all vanilla modules recipies are old ones and new recipies are not accepted at all for other modules.

EDIT: Foreman doesn't look further than prototypes folder. If there are more folders inside it goes crazy.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

It would be nice if we could changed assembler used in the node. Sometimes its better to have more slower assemblers of copper wire or green circuits but still have better for reds and blues.

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Any way of making the application darker. like a charcoal gray.
This blinding white kills the eyes. specially if someone is in a dark room.

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Would love to have TABS So I can make flowchart bundle. basically work on several flowcharts, but have them in tabs,
Then be able to save the entire project as one Flowchart containing all flowcharts in tabs along with it.
A bit hard to explain over text sorry. :/

Also note, machines are not showing up for each node I create.
even though they are all selected in the [enable objects button}

I would also like to be able to Disconnect lines from each node by pressing {CNTRL} + Double Clicking the line connection.
Currently it wont let me disconnect lines that I want to change around without destroying the actual node. (unless im doing it wrong) o.O

I would also like a feature that would let me select the source,
And only the connected lines from that source to the nodes connected would highlight and the rest of the nodes in the flowchart would dim .
only showing me my selected source node and line connection flow. this should be done by clicking {ALT} + Selecting Source Node.

:)

Liquid5n0w
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liquid5n0w »

oLaudix wrote:Anyone tried this with Bob's Modules? It accepts the modules inside AM slots, but all vanilla modules recipies are old ones and new recipies are not accepted at all for other modules.

EDIT: Foreman doesn't look further than prototypes folder. If there are more folders inside it goes crazy.
This. The modules in bobs mods are super complicated and I would love to be able to use foreman to decode it.

codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by codewarrior »

Nicksaurus, thank you so much for making this wonderful app.

As a way of repaying you (and paying it forward, really), I've started to work on adding Productivity modules to your simulation. The modules can be set on each production node, and can be mixed and matched among available modules with Speed or Productivity bonuses. Expect a pull request in the next few days after I've taken care of most of the bugs.
An increase in productivity for an increase in productivity.
An increase in productivity for an increase in productivity.
foreman zero two.png (170.68 KiB) Viewed 12268 times

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

It would be great if Foreman was able to display all recipes an item is used for.

ie. putting infinite supply of battery on clean board and clicking "show recipes", result: battery chemical plant surrounded with other machines producing related recipes in sun-like pattern without going any deeper into production chain.

---edit---
or even better when choosing item from side panel there can be an additional button below Add. All machines that use batteries would generate on a fixed grid without any connections to simplify implementation of new feature ;)

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

codewarrior wrote:Nicksaurus, thank you so much for making this wonderful app.

As a way of repaying you (and paying it forward, really), I've started to work on adding Productivity modules to your simulation. The modules can be set on each production node, and can be mixed and matched among available modules with Speed or Productivity bonuses. Expect a pull request in the next few days after I've taken care of most of the bugs.
I need this ...

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Can you add a feature to calculate the power needed for the resulting flowchart ?

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I've been playing with Bob's mods recently (actually jumping between different modpacks) and have realised that if a mod has optional modules it'll mess with recipes.

Bob's Electronics has Electronic Circuit boards with an extra ingredient if another module is installed. This is changed in recipe-updates.lua

So Foreman would need to be changed to load all the mods, then run all the recipe-updates.lua (if it exists)

Example

I'm not sure how recipes are handled in Foreman, but if it can handle the complexity of this example, then it'll make it much much easier to design factories based on various modpacks.

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

codewarrior wrote:Nicksaurus, thank you so much for making this wonderful app.

That looks great! How far did you get with it?
waduk wrote:Can you add a feature to calculate the power needed for the resulting flowchart ?
Yes, but it's a fairly low priority goal.
PiggyWhiskey wrote:I've been playing with Bob's mods recently (actually jumping between different modpacks) and have realised that if a mod has optional modules it'll mess with recipes.
It was actually caused when two different mods refer to different script files using the same relative path (which mod packs like dytech and bob's mods tend to do). Lua would see the same path in two locations and assume that just loading the first one it came across would be enough, causing various errors down the line.

Anyway, I've fixed it now. There's a nice side effect from this, which is that for possibly the first time, foreman is generating zero errors in the log file when it loads with mods.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

Thanks for fixing it.
Now when it reads all recipes it is so much more useful.

codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by codewarrior »

Nicksaurus wrote: That looks great! How far did you get with it?
It's mostly complete. The graph gives the right amounts of input and output on every node when productivity modules are installed. Regrettably, I had to remove most of your "machine permutations" code to make it work. The "One assembler type per recipe" option no longer does anything, since it always uses the highest-level (e.g. fastest and most module slots) production machine it can find, and fills all of the machines in a single node with the same modules.

What I have left to do is to read the "recipe restriction" for production modules and forbid those modules from being used with recipe nodes that don't match the restriction; remove the "One assembler type" option; and sort the module list with some useful order.

What I want to do, but isn't strictly necessary: add "beacon" options to machine nodes to allow even more modules to be added; add a "default module configuration" to use when auto-completing a graph or adding new nodes; and allow choosing which level of machine to use on a node instead of always using the highest-level machine.

Also, rounding errors are much more prevalent now that production modules cause machines to have non-integer output amounts. I've got a few ideas about how to minimize or permanently eliminate these: To minimize errors, avoid floating-point division. There is a lot of floating point division happening when the input/output amounts for each node are calculated, and it might be sufficient to change the rate values from "items per second" to "seconds per item" to avoid using division. Another option is to switch away from floating point rates entirely, and express them as an integer "ticks per item" instead. A third option is to use a Fractional number type in place of floating-point numbers.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

A thought I had about the rounding numbers and random outputs, perhaps just highlight the output node as green with the value (20.25 or whatever the value would be) and have the input of the next node as the value it needs.

That gives a visual to the player that there is excess that can't be lowered and at the same time removes excessive output nodes.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

codewarrior wrote: What I want to do, but isn't strictly necessary: add "beacon" options to machine nodes to allow even more modules to be added; add a "default module configuration" to use when auto-completing a graph or adding new nodes;.
Please add that, i use beacon extensively on late game. And it's problematic to calculate on foreman.
Also, can you add depleted oil fields as input? Troublesome to calculate those with beacon with speed module and productivity module on the depleted oil..

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

codewarrior wrote:
Nicksaurus wrote: That looks great! How far did you get with it?
Regrettably, I had to remove most of your "machine permutations" code to make it work.
I'm not surprised. Sorry you had to wade through that mess.

As for the rounding errors, I've been planning to switch from floats to doubles or decimals for a while now, and never really got round to it, so if you submit a pull request for this stuff once it's done I can start working on that. I'm going to hold off on any more changes until then just to make the merge as painless as possible.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Anyone has problems with newest version w Yuoki mod? Foreman doesnt seem to recognise it. It works when i switch to older version.

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nicksaurus »

oLaudix wrote:Anyone has problems with newest version w Yuoki mod? Foreman doesnt seem to recognise it. It works when i switch to older version.
What's missing? It's loading some items for me, but I don't know enough about the mod to tell what's not worked.

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”