Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
LJL_Houben
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Post by LJL_Houben »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:Where are you placing the files? Try a desktop folder.
Are you placing all the files together in a folder? They all need to be in the same directory.
All files were in 1 folder "D:\Downsloads\Foreman"

LJL_Houben
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LJL_Houben »

Nicksaurus wrote:Update - Version 0.1.9 is here! Get it here!

Requirements:
.Net 4.0 or higher
Visual C++ 2012 x86
Do I also need this as a user?? If yes, than we found the problem.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Have you made any other changes?
I've updated just the other day with zero problems.

Maybe look on google for registering the dll.
But I can't think of why the program won't read a file that's in the same folder as it.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Well, those are the requirements.
Most of the time some other program will install it for you. It's a common dependency.

But as we discovered several pages back, it must be that specific version. You can't use 2014 version. Or the x64 version

LJL_Houben
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LJL_Houben »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:Well, those are the requirements.
Most of the time some other program will install it for you. It's a common dependency.

But as we discovered several pages back, it must be that specific version. You can't use 2014 version. Or the x64 version
Ah check...First I had none, now I had the x64 2015 version, but the specific I haven't tried yet. I think it will be solved then ;-) Thanks for the help

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

You won't need to remove the other versions. In fact over the computers life you'll accumulate a few different ones.

As long as that 2012 version is there you should be fine

Brick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Brick »

Just to let you know though this tool is awesome and really helps me a lot. Thanks :D
I'm a brick what do you expect? A song? It's not like i have lungs.... Just don't pave me over the road ok?

Avacado
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Avacado »

I'm getting incorrect values out of Foreman in terms of the timing and amounts that go into each recipe.

I'm using Bob's, Angel's, and Marathon and have noticed the tool uses incorrect values for recipes like copper ingots from processed copper.

I'm going to make 3 or 4 assumptions here: Am I correct to assume that this issue is caused by Foreman reading raw prototype information and so doesn't capture any recipe modifications done in lua code, which is how I'm assuming Marathon works? Reading and running all of the Lua code for the mods seems difficult, so I'm assuming this is a known issue that probably won't be fixed?

I'd really like to get it working if possible, and short adding a feature myself to Foreman which was presumably left off intentionally due to difficulty, is there anyway to, for example, dump the current list of recipes and their values from a live factorio game to capture recipes current costs? and then somehow load that dump into Foreman?

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Avacado wrote:I'm getting incorrect values out of Foreman in terms of the timing and amounts that go into each recipe.

I'm using Bob's, Angel's, and Marathon and have noticed the tool uses incorrect values for recipes like copper ingots from processed copper.

I'm going to make 3 or 4 assumptions here: Am I correct to assume that this issue is caused by Foreman reading raw prototype information and so doesn't capture any recipe modifications done in lua code, which is how I'm assuming Marathon works? Reading and running all of the Lua code for the mods seems difficult, so I'm assuming this is a known issue that probably won't be fixed?

I'd really like to get it working if possible, and short adding a feature myself to Foreman which was presumably left off intentionally due to difficulty, is there anyway to, for example, dump the current list of recipes and their values from a live factorio game to capture recipes current costs? and then somehow load that dump into Foreman?

IIRC it reads data.lua, data-updates.lua and data-final.lua to get recipe modifications.
With Bobs Mods, it adds the modified recipes depending on what mods are available, or if you remove a specific mod.

If Marathon makes a recipe change in any other place, then there is a possibility it'll be missed.

Try look through the Marathon files to where specifically it changes the recipe.

niccage
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by niccage »

I keep getting errors when i complete a line in 0.2.0, here is an example:

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at Foreman.LinearProgrammingSolver.doPivotTransformations(Int32 pivotRow, Int32 pivotColumn) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\LinearProgrammingSolver.cs:line 93
   at Foreman.LinearProgrammingSolver.solve() in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\LinearProgrammingSolver.cs:line 64
   at Foreman.GraphOptimisations.OptimiseNodeGroup(IEnumerable`1 nodeGroup) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\GraphOptimisation.cs:line 113
   at Foreman.GraphOptimisations.FindOptimalGraphToSatisfyFixedNodes(ProductionGraph graph) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\GraphOptimisation.cs:line 20
   at Foreman.ProductionGraph.UpdateNodeValues() in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\ProductionGraph.cs:line 173
   at Foreman.DraggedLinkElement.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<EndDrag>b__3(ChooserControl c) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\DraggedLinkElement.cs:line 185
   at Foreman.ChooserControl.MouseClicked(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\ChooserControl.cs:line 43
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Foreman
    Assembly Version: 0.0.1.1
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/Factorio%200.14.17/Foreman%200.2.0/Foreman.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
NLua
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/Factorio%200.14.17/Foreman%200.2.0/NLua.DLL
KeraLua
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/Factorio%200.14.17/Foreman%200.2.0/KeraLua.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 6.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 6.0.8.18111
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Games/Factorio%200.14.17/Foreman%200.2.0/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Hi, I just started to use your tool, but stumbled across something I cannot understand. As in this oicture, I want to figure out the ratios of input sources for a given product, blue science in my case:

Now it seems I dont understand how to use this tool: I thought taht setting the "Auto/fixed" value to the number of batteries / s needed (1 in that case), would give he proper amount of chemical plants needed, which would be 5, as the production time for the battery is 5 seconds. However, it shows 4 chemical plants.
Second, what is the "auto" setting for? I thought it might be for autmatically calculating the neccessary inout sources and number of plants .. however I cannot find any function / menu entry related to this?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

The 5 seconds are correct, but I don't think there is anything in the tool that informs you that chemical plants craft at a rate of 1.25. Hence, 4 chem plants is correct.

Auto seems to let it calculate stuff for you, but if you don't set at least one element to fixed, then the auto nodes cannot calculate. Set an output to however many you want per second (or minute) and the rest should fill in if they are set to auto. If you set multiple to fixed, then it might create extra auto-nodes when you use autocomplete to make up for the shortfall.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Ranakastrasz wrote:The 5 seconds are correct, but I don't think there is anything in the tool that informs you that chemical plants craft at a rate of 1.25. Hence, 4 chem plants is correct.
Thanks, didn't think of that :-)
Ranakastrasz wrote:Auto seems to let it calculate stuff for you, but if you don't set at least one element to fixed, then the auto nodes cannot calculate. Set an output to however many you want per second (or minute) and the rest should fill in if they are set to auto. If you set multiple to fixed, then it might create extra auto-nodes when you use autocomplete to make up for the shortfall.
I see. I already set the main output (blue science) to a fixed rate, however nothing changed at the sub-nodes. Is there a way to "start" the calculation through the sub-nodes, or should this be done autmoatically on changing the desired output quantity?

EDIT: I must be missing the obvious. I created my output node and manually added the sub-nodes I want to calculate. I then set the output node to "fixed amount" of "1", and I do have the general settings for "Show production amount" on "fixed amount".

Now how the hell do I tell foreman to calculate? :-)

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

This is an awesome tool! If I may make two suggestions:
- When there's an error loading a certain mod, it could be helpful if the UI gave some kind of indication about this - even if it's just a notice to check the error log for details
- For miners and pumpjacks, it would be useful if the mouseover would show the machine used

Finally, the problem I ran into that made me think of the first bullet point was caused by this error:
errorlog
I suspect the log function is one provided by Factorio normally and it probably won't be used by mods a lot, but apperently some do use it. Would it be possible to give this function a dummy definition for the purpose of getting these mods loaded in Foreman? (for now, i've worked around the problem by simply making a copy of my mod directory and commenting out the log lines, but it would be a lot prettier of Foreman handled this automatically ;) )
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Chukles
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chukles »

Im getting alot of "Divided by Zero" Errors lately. I hope you are aware of these issues, they are kinda annoying and im not sure why they are happening.

Candyman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Candyman »

I'm confused. I went to the place and downloaded it and now i have the file named Nicksaurus-foreman but i dont know what to do after that to get it to do whatever

*update*

I got the thing to open so now i'm at the place where it should create the flowcharts for me, but it doesnt have any information. Like, it seems like the program is working but there is no flowcharts for me to see what is the optimal setups and such

PEAST
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PEAST »

Is it possible in any way to run the program on Mac?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

foreman doesn't wotk with factorio 0.15
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Blackraz0r
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Blackraz0r »

can confirm. was one of the first things i've tested ^^

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Given that you can now change recipes without restarting the game, somehow, I don't find this too surprising. I suspect they changed something significant.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”