Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

kinnom wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 am
Firemonkey1412 wrote:Edit: OK, I fixed foreman so I can use it with 0.16. I hope so that they add a good recipe explorer for 1.0...
Please share
I had to fix the mod files of angel. So every time angel update his mods, you would have to change the files again. So I don´t know if somebody wants to do this every time. And I don´t know if am allowed to share a modified version of angel´s mods. And I found out, that pyanodon works - bob with angel works too - but a combination of all 3 not. I think, it´s too hard for a modder to simulate all recipes like factorio do. Which mod change which recipe and which recipe is the final version and so on... Hopping that factorio will add a good recipe browser and calculater... I´m using Helmod and RecipeExplorer - not the best solution but it works.

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone still following this thread that I'm seriously considering taking over development of Foreman. I'm reaching out to Pobiega to see how best to do the transition. Everyone who has made some contribution recently please reach out to me if you'd like to organize. I've managed to get the code building on my machine and I've fixed a bug I've been personally dealing with. I'd love to see this tool restored for 0.16.x (and 0.17.x whenever that lands) and then I'll see about adding new features.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Please do salbris... while this may be overkill for most things, it is the closest thing to an out-of game factory planner we have for modded games, i have seen soo much potential in this app for a while now, and it just keeps falling behind :(

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Yes, please. I used it in 0.15 all the time.

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

Glad to hear there is still interest! Since that last post I've been working on and off mostly fixing bugs and improving the usability. Once I move the code over to GitHub I'll create an announcement and release all the work I've done. Unfortunately there are some rather large improvements needed to make mods like Bob's Angels working perfectly. That being said my current version is running very smoothly and it's becoming easier for me to make changes.

vashcouk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vashcouk »

Hello all,

I did not read every page of this thread, but what I am hoping to find is a "Legacy" version of this tool. I only need to use it for vanilla recipes.

Thanks in advance!

-William

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

vashcouk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Hello all,

I did not read every page of this thread, but what I am hoping to find is a "Legacy" version of this tool. I only need to use it for vanilla recipes.

Thanks in advance!

-William
Hey William,

If your looking for something that works (especially with 0.16) then this is probably your best bet: https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/

If your looking for older versions (that I can't guarantee work) then this might be the only source left: https://bitbucket.org/PowellNGL/foreman/downloads/

vashcouk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vashcouk »

salbris wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:05 am
vashcouk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

-William
Hey William,

If your looking for something that works (especially with 0.16) then this is probably your best bet: https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/

If your looking for older versions (that I can't guarantee work) then this might be the only source left: https://bitbucket.org/PowellNGL/foreman/downloads/

Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted.

ncnecros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncnecros »

Hi. Is someone else working on this app? It does not load if there is a todo_list in the mods directory

Code: Select all

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Параметры Year, Month и Day описывают непредставимое значение DateTime.
   в System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
   в System.IO.Compression.ZipStorer.DosTimeToDateTime(UInt32 _dt) в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\ZipStorer.cs:строка 644
   в System.IO.Compression.ZipStorer.ReadCentralDir() в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\ZipStorer.cs:строка 309
   в Foreman.DataCache.UnzipMod(String modZipFile) в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\DataCache.cs:строка 686
   в Foreman.DataCache.ReadModInfoZip(String zipFile) в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\DataCache.cs:строка 698
   в Foreman.DataCache.reportingProgress[T](CancellableProgress progress, Int32 percentCoverage, IEnumerable`1 xs, Action`1 f) в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\DataCache.cs:строка 532
   в Foreman.DataCache.FindAllMods(List`1 enabledMods, CancellableProgress progress) в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\DataCache.cs:строка 558
   в Foreman.DataCache.LoadAllData(List`1 enabledMods, CancellableProgress progress) в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\DataCache.cs:строка 92
   в System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
   в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   в Foreman.ProgressForm.<ProgressForm_Load>d__4.MoveNext() в E:\Projects\Foreman\Foreman\Forms\ProgressForm.cs:строка 44
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
   в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

@ncnecros

Hey, which version are you using? It looks like your compiling the program yourself, is that correct?

I don't see anything in the error you posted but a todo_list directory, what led you to think this was the cause? Looks like some timestamp on the zip files it's trying to extract is invalid or is too far into the past or future to be read? If your compiling it yourself maybe it would suffice to wrap some of the this code in a try-catch and let it continue extracting other things in the mod folder?

ncnecros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncnecros »

Hi. I download build from https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/, maybe it's not last version... Another source dont work. This build crached with mod "Todo-List_16.9.0.zip"

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

ncnecros wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:35 pm
Hi. I download build from https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/, maybe it's not last version... Another source dont work. This build crached with mod "Todo-List_16.9.0.zip"
Okay, yup that's my version which is likely the latest build of it. I'll take a look into why that Mod crashed it.

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

Alright, ya as I suspected it was a bad timestamp it was pretty easy to exclude any mods that produce errors like that. The new version with that fixed is now available: https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/

Feel free to submit bug reports on Bitbucket as well, they might be easier to track there.

In the meantime I'll send a message to the Mod creator to see if they can fix it.

scherzeking
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by scherzeking »

Anybody knows a version for 0.17?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

scherzeking wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 pm
Same here. Helmod works, technically, but its ingame, confusing, and I kinda want an external tool.

There are tons of vanilla tools like this online, but none of the ones I can find, aside from this one, allow for arbritrary mod loading. Or running a recipe extraction script and plugging in the resulting file.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Write ... es_to_file
Something like that one, except all recipes, and all assembler/miner/ore/modules, etc.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

scherzeking wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 pm
Sorry, I just noticed that something broke Foreman in 0.17. I'll look into it tonight and post an update here once I fix it.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Awesome Salbris,
Thanks!

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

Hey,

I was able to fix the problem and I've uploaded a new version here: https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/

Feel free to create issues on that project if you find anymore issues with 0.17.

Thanks!

scherzeking
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by scherzeking »

Well for the normal game it kinda works, but I use all "bob's mods" exept vehicles. And I get an error while loading or, when I get it to load it looks like the mod settings I took are not correct. For example the construction robot nr1 should be build differently based on these settings I've set:

[mod-setting-description]
bobmods-logistics-flyingrobotframes=If set to true, the Flying robot frame intermediates will exist for use in recipes.
bobmods-logistics-robotparts=If set to true, the Logistic/Construction robot tool/brain intermediates will exist for use in recipes.

Also another bug: I've got an error with todo-list mod, which I don't use anymore - so its deactivated, but I still got an error for trying to load the program. I then deleted it and now error related to this is gone. So It looks like the program loads every mod, even tho I have not all activated. Some mods are quite old and won't even work anymore with 0.17. Any chance to read the mod-list.json first to only activate the mods I use or do I have to make a complete new mod folder?

Anyway thanks for the hard work. Really appreciate it.

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

scherzeking wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:23 pm
Well for the normal game it kinda works, but I use all "bob's mods" exept vehicles. And I get an error while loading or, when I get it to load it looks like the mod settings I took are not correct. For example the construction robot nr1 should be build differently based on these settings I've set...
Hey scherzeking,

You might want to download the latest version from here I've updated it a few times in the last month.
https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/

Someone else specifically mentioned a problem with TodoList that I and the developer fixed independently. If you think you have the latest version of both feel free to submit an issue on the link I posted with the error log.

All of my testing has been with Bobs Mods and Angels enabled (that's my main save in Factorio) so trust me when I say I've certainly tested it and tried to make sure there are no major bugs for bigger mods. There is definitely room for improvement for example, there still seems to be problems with assemblers, some recipes don't appear, etc.

I'll add another bug to my list about this logistic bot setting I'm not sure yet if it's a bug or something we just haven't implemented yet.

FYI: Foreman will only look at mods based on what is currently enabled in Factorio. If you don't think that is the case certainly post your error log and mod-list file so I can figure out what went wrong there.

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”