Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
Firemonkey1412
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Post by Firemonkey1412 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 pm

kinnom wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 am
Firemonkey1412 wrote:Edit: OK, I fixed foreman so I can use it with 0.16. I hope so that they add a good recipe explorer for 1.0...
Please share
I had to fix the mod files of angel. So every time angel update his mods, you would have to change the files again. So I don´t know if somebody wants to do this every time. And I don´t know if am allowed to share a modified version of angel´s mods. And I found out, that pyanodon works - bob with angel works too - but a combination of all 3 not. I think, it´s too hard for a modder to simulate all recipes like factorio do. Which mod change which recipe and which recipe is the final version and so on... Hopping that factorio will add a good recipe browser and calculater... I´m using Helmod and RecipeExplorer - not the best solution but it works.

salbris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by salbris » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:47 am

I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone still following this thread that I'm seriously considering taking over development of Foreman. I'm reaching out to Pobiega to see how best to do the transition. Everyone who has made some contribution recently please reach out to me if you'd like to organize. I've managed to get the code building on my machine and I've fixed a bug I've been personally dealing with. I'd love to see this tool restored for 0.16.x (and 0.17.x whenever that lands) and then I'll see about adding new features.

pezzawinkle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:52 am

Please do salbris... while this may be overkill for most things, it is the closest thing to an out-of game factory planner we have for modded games, i have seen soo much potential in this app for a while now, and it just keeps falling behind :(

disentius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by disentius » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Yes, please. I used it in 0.15 all the time.

salbris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by salbris » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Glad to hear there is still interest! Since that last post I've been working on and off mostly fixing bugs and improving the usability. Once I move the code over to GitHub I'll create an announcement and release all the work I've done. Unfortunately there are some rather large improvements needed to make mods like Bob's Angels working perfectly. That being said my current version is running very smoothly and it's becoming easier for me to make changes.

vashcouk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vashcouk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello all,

I did not read every page of this thread, but what I am hoping to find is a "Legacy" version of this tool. I only need to use it for vanilla recipes.

Thanks in advance!

-William

salbris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by salbris » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:05 am

vashcouk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Hello all,

I did not read every page of this thread, but what I am hoping to find is a "Legacy" version of this tool. I only need to use it for vanilla recipes.

Thanks in advance!

-William
Hey William,

If your looking for something that works (especially with 0.16) then this is probably your best bet: https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/

If your looking for older versions (that I can't guarantee work) then this might be the only source left: https://bitbucket.org/PowellNGL/foreman/downloads/

vashcouk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vashcouk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:50 am

salbris wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:05 am
vashcouk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

-William
Hey William,

If your looking for something that works (especially with 0.16) then this is probably your best bet: https://bitbucket.org/rybadour/foreman/downloads/

If your looking for older versions (that I can't guarantee work) then this might be the only source left: https://bitbucket.org/PowellNGL/foreman/downloads/

Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted.

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”