Planning Calculator (Excel)

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
Xe138
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Planning Calculator (Excel)

Post by Xe138 »

I've often found myself juggling multiple calculators in order to get the full picture of what I needed to build to meet a production goal. I've been putting together this Planning Calculator to try to combine some of the most useful parts of these tools. I made it for my own uses, but I figure it will probably be useful to others as well.

It performs the basic function of calculating the production rates of intermediate products and the number of assembly machines or equivalent needed. In addition here are some of the other key features:
  • Power Calculation
  • Solar/Accumulator Numbers
  • Steam/Boiler/Pump Numbers
  • Fuel consumption rates
  • Module calculations
  • Automatic Oil Balancing
  • Optimal Solid Fuel Production
  • Oil Barreling
  • Rocket Assembly
  • Belt Requirements
  • Pumpjack Requirements based on depletion
It can't do beacons effects at the moment, because I haven't found myself using them.

Most pale colored cells can be modified. Most of the work happens on the "Production Calculator" tab, where you can enter the desired rate of production for each item in the "Desired Output" column and the Assembly Machine or equivalent building can be selected in the "Machine" column. The "Total Output" column then displays the actual output needed after considering all intermediate products. Modules can be entered for each item being produced. A summary of the overall requirements is given on the "Dashboard" tab.

Any bugs or ideas for improvements are welcome.

Edit:
  • Fixed a bug with the total count of modules
  • Fixed a problem with the fuel source data validation
  • Changed the "Concat()" function to "Concatenate()" for better compatibility
Older versions of Excel may have problems with some of the conditional formatting, equations, and data validation that this sheet uses. If the drop down selection boxes for modules or fuel sources are not working, this may be the reason. You can always just type the value in the box and it should continue to work as expected (e.g. fuel source might be "Coal").
Attachments
Factorio Planning Calculator.xlsx
(929.15 KiB) Downloaded 2640 times
Last edited by Xe138 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabbie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Planning Calculator (Excel)

Post by Sabbie »

Very nice!

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”