Excel Spreadsheet for Oil production planning

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
BangBangla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Excel Spreadsheet for Oil production planning

Post by BangBangla »

Hey guys ;) ,

I created an excel spreadsheet which allows you to plan how many oil refineries/chemical plants you want to build.

It's very easy to use, just punch in some values and it will show you how much of heavy oil/light oil/petroleum gas will be produced, and how much crude/water is required. In addition, type in how much you'd like to crack and you'll be able to see how much you're left with. It allows me to optimise my oil production easily.

Here's what it looks like at the moment:
Screenshot

You can get it here:
Factorio-Oil-Calc-v02_locked-00.xlsx
(12.25 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

The spreadsheet is rudimentary as of now. However, I'm working on improving it and also planning to add more features, including:
  • -specific production rates for oil products (solid fuel/lubricant/plastic/sulfur)
    -the number of chemical plants required for them
    -the power generation potential of any created solid fuel
    -power requirements for the whole oil production chain
I am of course open to suggestions and wishes for any features you'd like me to add, and I'll try to implement them.

I hope this tool is somewhat helpful, even if it isn't: feel free to let me know :D
Last edited by BangBangla on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Excel Spreadsheet for Oil production planning

Post by Peppe »

Cracking section should use 4 second recipe times instead of 5 to account for the chemical plant crafting speed.

BangBangla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Excel Spreadsheet for Oil production planning

Post by BangBangla »

Peppe wrote:Cracking section should use 4 second recipe times instead of 5 to account for the chemical plant crafting speed.
I did account for crafting speed but there was a small mistake there. The issue has been fixed, many thanks for letting me know!

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”