Is there a ratio/production chain calculator with modules?

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Is there a ratio/production chain calculator with modules?

Post by vanatteveldt »

I'd like to design a ore+oil -> rocket part factory with ratios as close as possible to optimal, assuming productivity modules wherever allowed and (e.g.) 2 speed beacons per assembler.

Is there any tool for doing the necessary calculations? I guess I can roll my own spreadsheets, but there seem to be a number of nice calculators, but some seem outdated and none that I can see allow for productivity and speed modules, which change the ratios in a non-trivial way...

ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Is there a ratio/production chain calculator with modules?

Post by ignatio »

Productivity modules might be interesting - I haven't used them much, but they can make quite a difference if used for high-level items like rocket control units, since the ingredient requirements get lower throughout the whole chain.

Thanks for giving me that idea, I've now added support for productivity modules to my spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ado_K2JbXc (edit - it already supports speed modules)

It still doesn't support beacons, though. That wouldn't be hard to add, but the number of speed combinations would make the spreadsheet a bit unwieldy.
Last edited by ignatio on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZorangeZorange
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ZorangeZorange »

I felt the same way with the modules, just finished putting together a spreadsheet for them. You can add in beacon modules too, just have to divide by 2 because of the .5 distribution efficiency.

viewtopic.php?f=134&t=30744

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

viewtopic.php?f=134&t=32666
Almost finished. Full chain with calculation of cost, production and even excess. It's more comfortable for me to use it than flowcharts, dunno why. That's why I've made it.
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”