Production Calculator Google Sheet [0.16]

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
ignatio
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Production Calculator Google Sheet [0.15 & 0.16]

Post by ignatio » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 pm

irbork wrote:EDIT
New copy of calculator.
Want - 40 - Advanced circuits.
Items to manufacture - 400 - Copper cable :?:

Correct items to manufacture 160 copper cable.
I take it that's without any productivity modules anywhere. The reason for the 400 is that it includes both direct and indirect requirements: You need 160 directly for advanced circuits, but you also need 80 electronic circuits which use up 3 copper cables each, so 3x80 = 240 more copper cables. (You can see the relations if you click "Production Graph".)

If you don't want to include the requirements for the electronic circuits, put "TRUE" in the "Do not manufacture" column for them. Then it will stop there and just tell you how many finished electronic circuits you need.

irbork
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by irbork » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:51 pm

ignatio wrote: I take it that's without any productivity modules anywhere. The reason for the 400 is that it includes both direct and indirect requirements: You need 160 directly for advanced circuits, but you also need 80 electronic circuits which use up 3 copper cables each, so 3x80 = 240 more copper cables. (You can see the relations if you click "Production Graph".)

If you don't want to include the requirements for the electronic circuits, put "TRUE" in the "Do not manufacture" column for them. Then it will stop there and just tell you how many finished electronic circuits you need.
Indeed that makes perfect sense and explains why my build calculation were off. Thanks for the "Do not manufacture" advice, it is very helpful.

irbork
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by irbork » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:24 am

Is there a way to put productivity modules into rocket launch calculations?
From my understanding it should apply productivity bonus to Rocket Parts but not Satellite. But I have no idea where to put it. Anyone has any info on this?

ignatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ignatio » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:53 pm

irbork wrote:Is there a way to put productivity modules into rocket launch calculations? /.../
The PMs should go into the "Rocket part" production goal - it's what most closely corresponds to the rocket silo facility.

"Satellite launch" is a combo goal to easily select 1 satellite and 100 rocket parts, but the PMs still go on the "Rocket part" row.

Btw, it's also on the "Rocket part" row you see how many rocket silos you need. Note however there is a fairly large error there due to the long time from finishing one rocket to starting the next (the launch itself which takes ~42 secs). The calculation on that row completely ignores that time so it underestimates the number of silos quite a bit, especially if they have lots of speed modules affecting them. Maybe I'll try to correct it in some way, e.g. by showing silo counts on the "Satellite launch" row, but it gets a bit messy implementation-wise.

malventano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malventano » Tue May 01, 2018 7:25 pm

First - amazing sheet work, ignatio!

Is there a way to put productivity modules in the mining drills? As it looks currently, they can be speed beaconed and speed moduled, but no productivity module. Understood that there is no 'raw raw' resource (from the patch itself), but without the ability to calc reduced speed due to productivity mods in the drills, the drill required count ends up incorrect if prod mods are used there. Also can't figure how quickly a given patch will last without knowing the corrected ore pull rate when productivity modded, etc...
Allyn Malventano
Editor, PC Perspective
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

ignatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ignatio » Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 pm

malventano wrote:First - amazing sheet work, ignatio!
Cool, I'm glad you find it useful!
malventano wrote:Is there a way to put productivity modules in the mining drills?
I had overlooked that mining drills (and pumpjacks) can take productivity modules. Fixed now - please give it a go and check that it gives the results you expect.

Thanks for letting me know!

malventano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malventano » Tue May 01, 2018 11:34 pm

ignatio wrote:
malventano wrote:First - amazing sheet work, ignatio!
Cool, I'm glad you find it useful!
malventano wrote:Is there a way to put productivity modules in the mining drills?
I had overlooked that mining drills (and pumpjacks) can take productivity modules. Fixed now - please give it a go and check that it gives the results you expect.

Thanks for letting me know!
The change makes the desired end result (increases the number of pumpjacks or mining drills required when prod mods are added), but the resource needed remains constant while the time needed *decreases* when adding prod mods. That seems backwards somehow...
Allyn Malventano
Editor, PC Perspective
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

ignatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ignatio » Wed May 02, 2018 10:48 am

malventano wrote:/.../ but the resource needed remains constant while the time needed *decreases* when adding prod mods. That seems backwards somehow...
Agreed, that's confusing. I've fixed the "Resources needed" column to take prod modules into account, just like "Items to manufacture". (However if "Do not manufacture" is ticked then they're ignored, which makes sense since there isn't any factory for that item then.)

As for "Time needed", it's just the baseline time from the recipe (times number of items), without regard to multipliers from machines, speed modules etc. That goes down with prod modules since the number of ordinary items produced in the machine goes down (the prod module bonus items just pops out in parallel with them). I've added a note to explain that column a bit more.

Sactorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Production Calculator Google Sheet [0.16]

Post by Sactorio » Sun May 06, 2018 3:45 am

It probably should be "Cost (∑ time needed)" rather than "∑ time needed (cost)".

This spreadsheet is so good, it puts all other calcs to shame in terms of practical utility.

ignatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ignatio » Sun May 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Sactorio: Thanks, it's a detail but you have a point. Changed.

ignatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ignatio » Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Small update: I fixed the rocket silo calculation to take the fixed 42 second launch time into account.

For completeness, I should also mention that I updated the facility combo costs which were a bit too high for some items since some rebalancing change in early 0.16. This only affected the relative costs that the "Optimise for max count" button uses - it had no other effects. This could cause it to suggest solutions that are slightly off the optimal ones.

(Then again, the combo costs actually depend on the manufacturing method used to produce the items in the combos. E.g. if one has some productivity modules in the factory that produces the speed modules then those get a little bit cheaper, and combos using more of them should have slightly lower relative cost compared to combos using less. So the "Optimise for max count" solutions might be slightly off wrt the circumstances in any particular game anyway. The costs used are a best-effort approach, and anyone who want complete accuracy there needs to adjust them anyway.)

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”