Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Find multiplayer games.
Tools/scripts to run a dedicated server.
WhiteFang34
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Free service to run your server: Factorio Zone

Post by WhiteFang34 »

red1reaper wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 am
Hi, awesome service and i have to say you are like a saint.
Thanks!
red1reaper wrote:
About the open-sourcing.... would it be possible for you to open source parts of the project? that way even if is useless for someone wanting to host their own instance of this it would allow others to help you with parts of the service without you having to expose the most delicate parts.
This is a possibility. The code is modularized. What part do you want to see?
red1reaper wrote:
I know that depending on the modularity of the project this may not be feasible but what about creating a repository for the webpage for example as in the html css and js? People would be able to send merge requests with improvements and you can choose to implement them or not and at the end of the day, the html css and js are kind of already available although minified.
I've already done this. I haven't made it public yet. Is there interest out there?
red1reaper wrote:
Another suggestion is to allow integration with our own cloud storage, so we can for example put an API key for google drive and have our saves and everything stored on our clouds without wasting space on yours and i know that google drive is probably not the best example for this.
Storage isn't a huge concern. Most of the cost is compute now. I have considered allowing it to point to external resources.
red1reaper wrote:
As other mentioned some kind of method to sharing administration would be awesome, be it by login, a unique url, a token key or a password.
A member of our Discord community has made a token tool available, see the #info channel.
red1reaper wrote:
Kudos to you, not only for doing this for free but for your chill attitude you are awesome.
Thanks again. I appreciate the feedback.
Free service to run your headless server at https://factorio.zone

Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gamatron332 »

Hi! First of all thanks for the amazing tool it’s really useful! I have a question. Is there a way to make the save game I’m using be experimental so that I can play with the new train mechanics when they come out? Or will I have to wait for the full release for the server to be able to support it? Again thank you sooo much!

WhiteFang34
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WhiteFang34 »

Gamatron332 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm
Hi! First of all thanks for the amazing tool it’s really useful! I have a question. Is there a way to make the save game I’m using be experimental so that I can play with the new train mechanics when they come out? Or will I have to wait for the full release for the server to be able to support it? Again thank you sooo much!
Factorio Zone supports all releases on the official Factory download page, including experimental as they're made available. It's just a matter of selecting the version before you start the server.

Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gamatron332 »

WhiteFang34 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:30 pm
Gamatron332 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm
Factorio Zone supports all releases on the official Factory download page, including experimental as they're made available. It's just a matter of selecting the version before you start the server.
Thank you!!

BeCurieUs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BeCurieUs »

Howdy, been doing some sea block on your servers, and been going great. We decided to update and things have gone a little sideways.

So I took the old game, I loaded it, single-player, then saved it with the new mods active, everything was fine. Then I load it out our your server system and loaded all 29 mods (viewtopic.php?t=93136) and am getting this compatibility error message of some mods not loading with the save file. Is there any reason why these mods would be suppressed from loading? In the log file for the server, I see the initial retrieving successes for the mods in question, but it never gets to the "Loading mod settings" for those particular mods. Any help would be lovely!

https://ibb.co/NWGzFBz

https://ibb.co/w73rHgd

https://ibb.co/SmY20Hp

WhiteFang34
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WhiteFang34 »

BeCurieUs wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:17 am
Howdy, been doing some sea block on your servers, and been going great. We decided to update and things have gone a little sideways.

So I took the old game, I loaded it, single-player, then saved it with the new mods active, everything was fine. Then I load it out our your server system and loaded all 29 mods (viewtopic.php?t=93136) and am getting this compatibility error message of some mods not loading with the save file. Is there any reason why these mods would be suppressed from loading? In the log file for the server, I see the initial retrieving successes for the mods in question, but it never gets to the "Loading mod settings" for those particular mods. Any help would be lovely!

https://ibb.co/NWGzFBz

https://ibb.co/w73rHgd

https://ibb.co/SmY20Hp
There shouldn't be any reason the service suppresses a mod from loading. It looks like you have different versions of the ScienceCostTweaker mod? Double check that all the versions are the same. Also make sure you only have one version of each mod selected, right now the service lets you select any number.

BeCurieUs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BeCurieUs »

I have no idea what I did, but I seemed to have fixed it. Upon your suggesting that perhaps there were 2 different files of the same name but different version in play, I decided to just nuke everything in every folder related to mods and start anew. Nothing SHOULD have been wrong as those science thingies were actually the same version, but something obviously was!

Aristodikos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aristodikos »

Hello guys,

I need some help about this free multiplayer features.

First of all i would like to thank the creator of that staff...really very helpfull.

Now lets talk about my problem. I started playing with my friend yesterday and i have frequently lag. The game is running very well on my laptop (60fps in max) without fps drop. i tryied 3 different internet connections, 2 of them mobile (4G & 3G ea) and on from home. Im getting on all connections lag. The only thing that i can understand is pressing F4 FPS/UPS. FPS are stable at 60fps but UPS sometimes when it lags it drops for a moment and goes up to 140(?!?) until the game synchronize. Near the alien vests, the lag is much more worst. By pressing F5, i cant understand anything so if you need any information from there, just ask me what to share with you here

Laptop details

Just notice that Factorio's installation location is on my SSD

and here is my internet connection

kirink
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kirink »

buenas una consulta queria saber que region me recomiendan usar en factorio.zone para evitar el lag soy de latinoamerica

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

kirink wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm
buenas una consulta queria saber que region me recomiendan usar en factorio.zone para evitar el lag soy de latinoamerica
1. This is an english forum, please use Google translate if you don't know any english.
(1. Este es un foro en inglés, utilice el traductor de Google si no hablas inglés.)

2. https://ping.psa.fun/ shows latency to different regions. Pick the one with lowest latency
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

bistule
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bistule »

Hi !

Is this possible to run pvp map ?

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

bistule wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:19 am
Is this possible to run pvp map ?
yes, to run a map (scenario):
  • create a single player map with the scenario/settings you like
  • save the map as a singleplayer save
  • upload the save to an empty slot using the little link named "upload" (this only shows up if you select an empty slot)
  • you can now run the server and it will use that save with the settings/scenario

altackbar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by altackbar »

Hello!! It's like a miracle how well it works. Many thanks to the developer. Games on the server expire due to inactivity?

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

altackbar wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:07 am
Games on the server expire due to inactivity?
Yes, if I remember correctly, afk kick time is 30 minutes and the server shuts off after an hour of no players.

Whilst there are no players, the game will automatically pause.

memyselfandfactorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by memyselfandfactorio »

I´m having issues with connection speeds. (viewtopic.php?p=537799#p537799) I just uploaded a 40mb save to your service, and wow I like how easy it is to setup up. But I´m having the same Issues as mentioned in my post - download speeds are limited to around 80kb/s - is this a hard limit for factorio servers and external connections? Or is this some other issue I´m (and my friends..) are having?

Thanks alot for your input!

WhiteFang34
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by WhiteFang34 »

memyselfandfactorio wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:30 am
I´m having issues with connection speeds. (viewtopic.php?p=537799#p537799) I just uploaded a 40mb save to your service, and wow I like how easy it is to setup up. But I´m having the same Issues as mentioned in my post - download speeds are limited to around 80kb/s - is this a hard limit for factorio servers and external connections? Or is this some other issue I´m (and my friends..) are having?

Thanks alot for your input!
There are no connection speed limits. Do you see the same issue with a smaller map? Your 140MB map size is probably a problem. Even on a fast machine, Factorio is likely to have issues with that.

memyselfandfactorio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by memyselfandfactorio »

have the problems with a fresh map too - 80kb/s - 100kb/s is a hard limit for the WHOLE upload. If anybody hosts it on his local machine (three different providers, different parts of the country..), its the same. Headless server on linux - the same. on the same subnet there are no issues.. I uploaded a smaller 40mb version of the game to your service to test it - same issue. Not getting any more then 80-100kb/s download. On larger maps it becomes a issue with desync´s and such, that we are NOT having when playing on lan.

jamram
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jamram »

Hello there!! Thank you for your job! Its awesome! Can i manage my server(its launched on PC) from other device(android)? THX

jamram
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jamram »

Server is shooting down, when no players on the server?

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

jamram wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:57 pm
Hello there!! Thank you for your job! Its awesome! Can i manage my server(its launched on PC) from other device(android)? THX
You should be able to. All you need to do is transfer the token from your computer to your phone. I'm not familiar enough with android to know how you would do that, but on a computer you would use the greasemonkey extension. There is a tool at https://github.com/Rubydesic/factorio-z ... nge-token/, but I'm not sure if that is applicable to android. (I personally just inspect the page and look for it that way.)
jamram wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:08 pm
Server is shooting down, when no players on the server?
The server has a default AFK kick time of 30 minutes. The server pauses when there are no players and closes after one hour.

Return to “Multiplayer / Dedicated Server”