Windows Headless Server Issues

Find multiplayer games.
Tools/scripts to run a dedicated server.
hammy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Windows Headless Server Issues

Post by hammy »

I have 2 main problems I am trying to solve.

1) Server only lets you download the maps at max 100kbps.

2) How to setup admin for different users or explanation on how to do admin on headless directly from server.

hammy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Windows Headless Server Issues

Post by hammy »

You guys seriously made it so i can't private message someone??? WTF

hammy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hammy »

@Fowlincident

badkraft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by badkraft »

I am attempting to run a headless win server as well. Evidently this isn't the ideal environment. Everything runs very slow on our home wi-fi once more than one person is logged in.

Obviously, a dedicated machine for the headless server would help. Other than switching to a Linux server for headless operation, any other tips to speed up? I would like to be able to run a hosted server instance, but right now this doesn't look possible (at least for an enjoyable experience).

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

badkraft wrote:I am attempting to run a headless win server as well. Evidently this isn't the ideal environment. Everything runs very slow on our home wi-fi once more than one person is logged in.

Obviously, a dedicated machine for the headless server would help. Other than switching to a Linux server for headless operation, any other tips to speed up? I would like to be able to run a hosted server instance, but right now this doesn't look possible (at least for an enjoyable experience).
At the moment you need a decent upload speed for factorio servers. Only time you really need it is during a player downloading the map. Regarding how to make it upload faster only thing you can do is just get better upload.
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

badkraft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by badkraft »

NoPantsMcDance wrote:
badkraft wrote:I am attempting to run a headless win server as well. Evidently this isn't the ideal environment. Everything runs very slow on our home wi-fi once more than one person is logged in.

At the moment you need a decent upload speed for factorio servers. Only time you really need it is during a player downloading the map. Regarding how to make it upload faster only thing you can do is just get better upload.
This is running on our home wi-fi (ATM) while I start figuring out some mods. I figured there would be some lag due to wireless networking. I was hoping that it wouldn't be that much, though.

Return to “Multiplayer / Dedicated Server”