Multi-server startup scripts!

Find multiplayer games.
Tools/scripts to run a dedicated server.
wickedsun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multi-server startup scripts!

Post by wickedsun »

Hello!
Since I wanted to run multiple instances of servers on a single host, I created a script that start a server based on the port given to systemd.
Here's the github link: https://github.com/wickedsun/factorioservers
If things don't work please let me know. This was developed on Debian, so YMMV, let me know if I can add anything to help it run on other distros.
Since this is working well for me, I thought I'd share.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multi-server startup scripts!

Post by Bisa »

nice =) I've been looking to set something similar up myself but never got to the point, guess I'm lazy and now can thank you for doing the work ;)

(btw, this line/section looks oddly familiar https://github.com/wickedsun/factoriose ... ervers#L19 - glad my init script spawns new ideas out there :) )
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

wickedsun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wickedsun »

Thank you for your great script! It definitely spawned the idea. I kept /etc/defaults/factorio (which I then renamed factorio-servers as to not trash your defaults). I did glance over you script (I couldn't figure out why the server would wipe all my changes on a map.. then realized that factorio never updates the save files themselves) so it was very useful to me!

Thank you again.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bisa »

Yea, that was the initial reason I needed to whip up my own script =P glad u got some help/inspiration from it :D
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

Return to “Multiplayer / Dedicated Server”