Translation guide

Discuss translation contributions here.
Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Translation guide

Post by Vitduo »

robinde67 wrote: 1. Confirmed, the same apply to Gun-turret, Laser-turret, Bullet, and Rocket damage and shooting-speed where applicable. They should be in modifier-descriptions.cfg presumably, but I don't know what names they have in the source code.
2. Confirmed, I think it would be something like "save-scenario=Save Scenario" but it's better if we get a confirmation from the team.
3. I assumed it was __FLUIDS__%fluid-name%__, but it didn't work (I don't use the tags that often). In case of items, it's __ITEM__%item-name%__
4. I'm not sure I understand the question, the description of a mod is in the mod itself, isn't it? info.json, or do you mean to give an option to locale the description in a mod? like "info-en.json"?
5. Can you be more specific? To my knowledge, they don't have a description. Or do you mean they should add it, like recipe-descriptions.cfg? If it's supported already, it should be something like:
[recipe-description]
%recipe-name%=description
6. Yes, you can use your own pictures in tips and tricks, but saving a picture as .jpg removes transparency, and they have worse quality than .png, I can't answer for whether the devs would like if you push another few pictures to the game though.
3. __ITEM__%item-name%__ works, __FLUIDS__%fluid-name%__ doesnt work. I wrote about it.
4. Yes, the description of a mod is in info.json. But I want to have the way for translate this. Any the way.
5. The vanilla game has no recipe's descriptions.
But YoukiIndustry has.
6. Transparency doesnt needed for tips'n'trick's pictures. I try to find the difference between my game pictures saved in jpeg and png... I dont see the difference.
And what the devs think about it?..

robinde67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by robinde67 »

Vitduo wrote: 3. __ITEM__%item-name%__ works, __FLUIDS__%fluid-name%__ doesnt work. I wrote about it.
4. Yes, the description of a mod is in info.json. But I want to have the way for translate this. Any the way.
5. The vanilla game has no recipe's descriptions.
But YoukiIndustry has.
6. Transparency doesnt needed for tips'n'trick's pictures. I try to find the difference between my game pictures saved in jpeg and png... I dont see the difference.
And what the devs think about it?..
Just to make it clear, I'm not part of the dev team, thus I can't answer in their place. If there is a design choice made by the dev team (like the pictures being in .png), I assume they have a reason for that choice.
What I mean when I said they might not like it, I mean that they might not want copies of the same pictures to clutter up the folders. I know I'd want to keep the clutter to a minimum, but the dev team might think otherwise.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

Internationalis(z)ing Code - Computerphile - must see this hilarious description of translation complications.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This topic is now obsolete due to our migration to the web based translations:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =12&t=5486

AspektRus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AspektRus »

rus: kovarex, обнови первый пост! В конце темы сообщения мало кто замечает!
eng: kovarex, update the first post! At the end of the message subject few people notice!

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Good point, I have changed the first post.

Return to “Translations”