Translations post release

Discuss translation contributions here.
TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Translations post release

Post by TheEnemy42 »

You're hopefully busy celebrating the release but once you get back to the new normal it would be nice to know how you'd want to handle translations post release. Both in regards to the issues with Altagram and in general once that's sorted. Hopefully we can find some way that translators have a chance to do their work before updates are patched so players won't suddenly see original language strings in-game as has been the case previously.

For the moment I'm mostly curious about when the newly introduced strings for 1.0 will be updated in-game?
Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Translations post release

Post by valneq »

Very good point. We now have English text for the spidertron stuff in the stable version :cry: .

In any case: Spidertron! Yay! :shock: :o :lol:

TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheEnemy42 »

Taking the liberty to bump this in the hopes of a reply from the devs :)
Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Right, so for now we don't plan to do any 1.0.x update, so the spidertron strings will remain in English until 1.1, which should be relatively soon (Factorio time speaking)

As with Altagram, we are working with them on another iteration of the translations, and those will be posted to Crowdin when they are ready

Return to “Translations”