[0.4.0] Dutch translation

Discuss translation contributions here.
Eagle_V
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.4.0] Dutch translation

Post by Eagle_V »

I had some time, so I made a quick Dutch translation.
https://github.com/VertigoEagle/Factori ... tion_Dutch

Todo:
- Spell check.
- Lots of words sound silly in Dutch. Find better words.

If you know Dutch, feel free to help :)
Last edited by Eagle_V on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zeldafan42
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.3.0] Dutch translation

Post by zeldafan42 »

Hi,
I don't know Dutch but I know how to solve the displaying problem. You have to change the encoding of all files to UTF-8 without BOM (you are currently using ANSI). You probably want to use Notepad++(an texteditor superior to the normal Windows editor). There you can easily change the encoding(menu: Encoding). If you aren't working on Windows, I can't tell you how to change encoding.

Best regards
zeldafan42

Eagle_V
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eagle_V »

That worked, thanks! I didn't really understand the encoding command from the 'howto' post...

Eagle_V
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eagle_V »

Alright, I finished the dutch translation for 0.4.0. Blame school for not working on it earlier.
There might be some errors left, I'll ask some friends to read it, but in the meantime, it's on the link in the first post.

jeroentjuh99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.4.0] Dutch translation

Post by jeroentjuh99 »

I'm Dutch, maybe I can help...
I'll check your progress, and helping it update to [0.5.2] :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the translation, It will be merged into 0.5.3

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I would like to get access to the repository, so I can make corrections there.
Or you can update it yourself, the font-settings.cfg file contents looks like this now:

Code: Select all

[font]
default=fonts/TitilliumWeb-Regular.ttf
default-semibold=fonts/TitilliumWeb-SemiBold.ttf
default-bold=fonts/TitilliumWeb-Bold.ttf

jeroentjuh99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jeroentjuh99 »

I'm updating that part. Are there more changes?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

No, the current version is now in 0.5.3, you can check it out.

Eagle_V
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eagle_V »

Well, I got a job and lost sight of this, sorry for that. Good to see you took over for a while :) I can check the repository monday, I think, what's the current status?

golress
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by golress »

Hi

Is there anyone still active here? I'm willing to help on the Dutch translation as it seems it's been a while this has been updated. I would send you guys a PM but I can't use that feature yet. Below is some more information about me:

My name is Thomas. I'm from Belgium and my main language is Dutch. As I'm from Belgium some words I know will be different than they are in the Netherlands. My writing in Dutch isn't too bad (sometimes a 'dt' mistake :oops: ).

I've been following this game for quite a while already from a youtuber: Zemalf. This week I finally decided to buy this game. I will be buying the Mining Drill Operator package.

I haven't done any translating for a game before, but I'm a quick learner.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

golress wrote:Hi

Is there anyone still active here? I'm willing to help on the Dutch translation as it seems it's been a while this has been updated. I would send you guys a PM but I can't use that feature yet. Below is some more information about me:

My name is Thomas. I'm from Belgium and my main language is Dutch. As I'm from Belgium some words I know will be different than they are in the Netherlands. My writing in Dutch isn't too bad (sometimes a 'dt' mistake :oops: ).

I've been following this game for quite a while already from a youtuber: Zemalf. This week I finally decided to buy this game. I will be buying the Mining Drill Operator package.

mmm try your best, and i can spell check for you.

mmmm, doe je best, en dan zal ik het controleren voor je :P
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Eagle_V
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eagle_V »

golress wrote:Hi

Hi. I'm from Belgium as well, I guess the Dutch will have to live with a Flemish translation ;)
Anyway. As you may have noticed, I have little time left to work on this (sorry for that), but I can help with any questions you might have as well as proofreading. Also, feel free to change any of the original translations if you find something that sounds better, some of them are awful.

golress
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by golress »

It's my first time I'm using github so I spent most of the day messing around with it. But I think I finally managed to fork the correct branch, make some changes, and propose those changes to the correct branch. Atleast I think so... Well I'll find out soon enough when someone starts raging at me or something... xD :oops:

EDIT: my forked branch still seems to be messed up, I'll take another look at it tomorrow.
EDIT2: YAY, it finally worked!

Kenyi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kenyi »

Noticed this hadn't been updated in the longest while. I went to the github to do a relatively massive overhaul (somebody's gotta do it) but it seems I don't have any access to the files, I can only propose changes. I'm native Dutch so I thought I'd help out, but that ain't going to be so advantageous if I can edit the files without asking permission for each and every one of the changes. Eagle_V still around?

Couldn't be patient, made a new version;

https://github.com/SaKenyi/Factorio_Tra ... _Dutch_New

Kenyi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kenyi »

Updated the Github with some new content. Figuring I'm about 1/4th of the total overhaul now, some words just don't make sense when you translate them to Dutch.

golress
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by golress »

It's good to hear that someone else will be re-doing the translations as they're indeed pretty crappy and untested ingame in most cases and I don't have a lot of time at the moment to do it myself.

I haven't checked your branch yet, but just to make sure: did you start from the correct master?

The last updated is this one:
https://github.com/kovarex/Factorio_Translation_Dutch

Kenyi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kenyi »

golress wrote:It's good to hear that someone else will be re-doing the translations as they're indeed pretty crappy and untested ingame in most cases and I don't have a lot of time at the moment to do it myself.

I haven't checked your branch yet, but just to make sure: did you start from the correct master?

The last updated is this one:
https://github.com/kovarex/Factorio_Translation_Dutch

Oh. Uh, I was just copying everything over from the current English translation and redoing it entirely. Well, this makes it easier.

RealityFirst
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RealityFirst »

I am Dutch, and I have lots of free time so i would be more then happy to help in any way i can

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nepp95 »

Return to “Translations”