Portuguese Translation (PT-PT)

Discuss translation contributions here.
micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Portuguese Translation (PT-PT)

Post by micomico »

Hello all.

The Portuguese translation is now 100% complete on crowdin.

Do I need to do anything else with it?

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Portuguese Translation (PT-PT)

Post by cube »

No, you don't need to do anything, we will include all translated languages in 0.11.0.

Only it's a good idea to occasionally have a look at crowdin again, because when english translations change, it makes all the translations of that word in other languages disappear (that is crowdin's limitation).

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micomico »

Nice! Thanks for the reply.

I'll try to check crowdin regularly for any changes.

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

The translation for factorio isn´t completed yet. Lets help on here https://crowdin.com/project/factorio

Esta tradução para o jogo não esta completa , Vamos contribuir um pouco aqui ! https://crowdin.com/project/factorio

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

Just joined the translation team on crowdin. Are you guys still active?
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

Ok so yesterday I've done or completed the translations of the following files:
  • base.ini
    demo_level-03.ini
    trains-advanced-signals.ini
    trains-basic-signals.ini
    trains-basics.ini
    trains-ghost-rail-planner-1.ini
There are inconsistencies in terms and way of addressing the player so I've followed some suggestions:

- addressing the player always in the first person (i.e. "Coloca" instead of "Coloque")
- also tried to complete the glossary which helps a lot to keep coherence (e.g. on the "burner mining drills" which should be called "broca de extracção por combustão" and not anything else).

Later today or tomorrow I might publish a table with the entity lists and correspondence in portuguese as well as a few key-words, both to properly document it and also for future reference.
Attachments
Screen shot 2017-04-25 at 11.57.51 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-04-25 at 11.57.51 PM.png (23.57 KiB) Viewed 9786 times
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

FlyHigh wrote:Just joined the translation team on crowdin. Are you guys still active?
Yes i´m helping...... But my translation is slow, i don´t have mutch free time!

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

FlyHigh wrote: There are inconsistencies in terms and way of addressing the player so I've followed some suggestions:

- addressing the player always in the first person (i.e. "Coloca" instead of "Coloque")
- also tried to complete the glossary which helps a lot to keep coherence (e.g. on the "burner mining drills" which should be called "broca de extracção por combustão" and not anything else).
-for the 1ºs person Im doing same ting because the game is friendly for player and the word "coloque" belongs to the brasilian!

for the mining drill if translated your terms to inglish is called "burner extraction drill " and not "broca de mineração a combustão" ;-)

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

I've done some translations in the past and sometimes you can't do literal translations word-per-word running the risk of making no sense. Also "mineração" is not a proper word nor does it reflect the intent. At best it could be brazilian. In portuguese you extract ore from veins: "extrair minério do filão". Extrair is the accurate term for the action ;)
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

Between yesterday and today I've completed the core.ini file and also made some corrections for consistency within the file and base.ini totaling 1193 strings.
Hopefully the devs will pick this up and publish the updates on the next release!
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kayanor »

FlyHigh wrote:Hopefully the devs will pick this up and publish the updates on the next release!
Usually the string with the most votes will automatically be visible in the game as the files on Crowdin get pulled each time the devs push an update.
I don't know it exactly for the portuguese translation but if there are any strings with more votes than your string has, the string with the more votes will be visible in game.
The only way to avoid this is that someone approves the string. If you want to do this you can ask Klonan for further information.
Former moderator.

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

Common people... the translation on Factorio in PT-PT is at this point completed ( 13-Maio-2017) Only thing is need is to vote on the better sentences....

Pessoal o factorio esta neste momento a 100% traduzido para PT-PT Contribuam apenas com votos nas frases que acham melhores. :D So e preciso escolher " + ou - " nas frases.

https://crowdin.com/project/factorio

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

Hello mrs devs:-) I know you are very busy but some help in croudin will be very apreciated I want complete my tranlations and have some doubts and there isnt any move by devs in the croudin!!!! thank you.... :mrgreen:

Return to “Translations”