[0.16.14] Russian - Inventory tutorial translation error

Discuss translation contributions here.
Fedorrro
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.14] Russian - Inventory tutorial translation error

Post by Fedorrro »

The last word in second task must be "инвентаря" (inventory) instead of "сундука" (chest). (Russian translation)
2018-01-05_22-07-11.png
2018-01-05_22-07-11.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
Last edited by Kayanor on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Koub: Added "Russian" in topic subject

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.14] Inventory tutorial translation error

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Translations subforum + made the subject more explicit
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

hhrhhr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.14] Russian - Inventory tutorial translation error

Post by hhrhhr »

Hello. I would like to know how long it takes to transfer approved edits to the game?
  • 12 months ago there was this post about the error.
  • 7 months ago, a patch was created at Crowdin and was approved at the same time.
  • But still in the game, this word is not corrected, which causes difficulties with basic training for new players.
I absolutely do not mind participating, correcting and improving the translation (localization), but even if such simple fixes get into the game in a year or longer, even the desire to help will disappear.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

hhrhhr wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 pm
Hello. I would like to know how long it takes to transfer approved edits to the game?
  • 12 months ago there was this post about the error.
  • 7 months ago, a patch was created at Crowdin and was approved at the same time.
  • But still in the game, this word is not corrected, which causes difficulties with basic training for new players.
I absolutely do not mind participating, correcting and improving the translation (localization), but even if such simple fixes get into the game in a year or longer, even the desire to help will disappear.
The current version of the game is 8 months old and therefore pre dates the crowdin fix, the changes will be included in the next release. No one would distribute an update just to fix a translation issue.

hhrhhr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hhrhhr »

Yes, I somehow lost sight of so long since the release of the current version of the game. However, I do not agree with the fact that no one releases patches (updates) dedicated exclusively to localization ;)
Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

This is an issue I've raised with some of the developers during lunch several years ago (when I visited Prague; the only one left in the team since that meeting is Twinsen). They said that they had no problem releasing localization-only updates.

There are two issues when updating localizations with game releases:
  1. The game is in very active development and the strings are not yet final, so sometimes Crowdin gets out-of-sync with the game (as is the case now, right before release 0.17).
  2. There's a technical difficulty where strings are updated in Crowdin, but don't get translated before the release, so you might have strings getting "untranslated" (if there was a change of even 1 character the old translation no longer applies and then you'll either get an English string or a machine translation, at least until the next localization update). Although sometimes developers do push the strings in advance, and there's enough time to translate, especially in the most active languages.
It might be a good idea to start a separate suggestion topic about introducing periodic localization-only updates.
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Return to “Translations”