[French 0.2.9] Core + demo

Discuss translation contributions here.
Mononeurone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: French language translation

Post by Mononeurone »

Hi

I have seen your reply so i just can provide the description of the campaign and the first level in french. I'm sorry, i have the game only since yesterday and the delay for the new release is really short for a full-french :?
But i will continue for the next release and i will post my work here even if it is not complete. ;)

Edit : I borrow the sums Machtl who is very clear. Thx you Machtl

Checklist:
  • /campaign (1 out of 7 done)
    • /demo ... waiting
      • /level-01 ... done
      • /level-02 ... waiting
      • /level-03 ... waiting
    • /alpha... waiting
      • /level-01 ... waiting
      • /level-02 ... waiting
  • /locale (8 out of 8 done)
    • /controls ... done
    • /description-labels ... done
    • /entity-descriptions ... done
    • /entity-names ... done
    • /gui ... done
    • /item-names ... done
    • /misc ... done
    • /technology-names ... done
  • /tips-and-tricks ... waiting
  • /control-labels ... no idea how to modify
  • /editor-gui ... no idea how to modify
The traduction dont have french letters (é-è-ç...) because the script will not run with them (white text instead the traduction)
Attachments
French_translation.zip
Data/campaigns/demo/locale
French description of campaign

Data/campaigns/demo/locale/level-01/locale
First level

Copy and paste
Remove the file title of (level-01) and (description)
(2.39 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

kovarex wrote:Hi, its great!

we will release the 0.2.7 version this evening.
It will have full Russian + German, It would be awesome if the French translation was upgraded too, so please, post your work here even if it is not complete.
It will probably be done on Sunday, as I'll have a lot of time this week end to do it. The problem for "our work" is, there is nothing more done for now, sorry :/

Mononeurone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mononeurone »

For french readers :
Je jetais un ptit coup d'oeil aux traductions et :

logistic-chest-storage=Coffre de stockage (?)
logistic-chest-requester=Chest requester (traduction à trouver) : Coffre recepteur ? En tchèque, la trad est coffre d'admission (ou quelque chose du genre) Reste à trouver quelquechose qui s'en approche en français, sans entacher sa fonction...

Sorry guys, i'm working on the french version and i'm blocked on the chest requester, so i ask other opinions.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

[French Version]
"logistic-chest-storage=Coffre de stockage (?)" --> C'est ma traduction c'est cela ? Je savais même pas à quoi ça correspondait dans le jeu xD. C'est une technologie je suppose ? J'édite ça chez moi ce WE, j'uploaderais la traduction totale dimanche quand je serais rentré ... En attendant, édite si tu le souhaite :)

English version: *quote without using the forum function* --> Is is my own translation ? I didn't even know what was that thing in the game ^^. I guess it's a technology ? I'm going to edit that this week end, then I'll upload the whole translated file Sunday when I'll be back ... for now, feel free to do it by yourself if you want :)

Mononeurone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mononeurone »

French version
Non, c'est celle d'en dessous qui me bloque. L'autre, c'est une idée de traduction. Et non, ce sont des objets pas des technologies (Mais tu n'etais pas loin)

J'edite les autres parties pour mon gameplay, ne t'inquetes pas. J'ai fini les tips, inutile de t'embeter dessus (a moins de relire et de trouver une faute ou une autre traduction) et je continue la campagne de la demo.
English version :
No, it is that below who block me. The other is an idea of ​​translation. And no, they are not technology 'subject (But you were not far)

I edited the other parts of my gameplay, dont worry. I finished the tips, needless to annoy you over (unless to read and find fault or another translation) and I continue the campaign demo.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Ok lol, mais de toute façon si tu veux je peux le faire ce week end, j'aurais probablement pas grand chose à faire ... m'enfin bon comme tu veux.
Mononeurone wrote: L'autre, c'est une idée de traduction.

Euh ben dans ce cas ... le problême vois tu, c'est que coffre de stockage, c'est un peu pléonasmique ^^.

English version: Nothing very useful, since it was just kind of a private discussion ... we're just talking about the fact traducing a word by "storage chest" in french, would seems a bit redundant.

Mononeurone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mononeurone »

Effectivement ! J'avais completement zappé cet aspect ! C'est nul comme truc en fait maintenant

Translation fail.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [French 0.2.6] Core + demo

Post by MatLaPatate »

I've made a few more yesterday. I'm uploading it right now, but I saw some changes on the version I didn't know, so it won't be fully completed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0xhh7ytb3773b7x

I made one folder with, it seems to me, explicit names. Almost everything has been a bit changed (but not every single file), so I think you can just replace all ^^

TO NOTICE: Due to some grammar rules in french, I wasn't able to translate correctly parts of your "code" refering to the locale file. (I mean, in french, steam engines is translated by "machineS à vapeur", and you see that s would be IN the __something__ thingy, so ... ) --> I hope it won't be annoying, but I just replaced these words with the correspundant translation. (so I also replaced __ENTITY__steam__engine__s by "machines à vapeur").
Last edited by MatLaPatate on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We plan the next release on friday 22.2, so no need to rush now.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Little question: do you expect anything special in the game ? I mean, comments could be a bit ironic/funny, or creating some kind of atmosphere for the game ... (hope this word can be used with the same meaning he has in french ^^).
Or do you just expect instructions and everything to be very clear, and nothing else, as it is for now ?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This is really hard question, all this is happening way to fast.
What would we actually love to do later, is to get someone, who would rewrite all the texts completely (writer) in the first place (in English), and then do the translation of the texts again.

To answer this question, if you make it ironic and funny it is welcome.

NatLaTomate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NatLaTomate »

Why not "bras méchanique" instead of "bras robotique" ? Having robotic technology with a coal inserter... funny :)
French : (Il faut mettre robotique à partir du smart inserter !)

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

kovarex wrote:This is really hard question, all this is happening way to fast.
What would we actually love to do later, is to get someone, who would rewrite all the texts completely (writer) in the first place (in English), and then do the translation of the texts again.

To answer this question, if you make it ironic and funny it is welcome.
Okay. It will be done next time I'll edit it :)
(Am I allow to replace "kill aliens" with "try to hug them" ? ^^ Nope, I'm kidding, in case of some would be stupid enough to believe it's true ^^)

Berlu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Berlu »

Moi qui avais commencé une traduction, tout mon travail tombe à l'eau =p

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Np lol, tu peux encore comparer les deux, vérifier la mienne et me dire ce que tu pense qui devrait être modifié. Et tu pourras aussi bosser sur les updates :)

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

Merci à ceux qui bossent sur la traduction VF ;)

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

What about using english, so devs, looking for (if there is some) question can understand ? ^^
And Wazzebu, you know, that's almost nothing ^^. It took me 4 hours to translate almost everything, counting the fact I translated 2 times some files, due to mistake on my side/releases.

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ween »

On the other forum there are also using their mother tongue... So do not worry about that, but I would strongly recommend you to make some short sum up in English each time...

Or you could save some time by typing in another color when it is in french... Just try to be inventive to help the developer's work !!!

Un peu comme ça :p
---<@

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

MatLaPatate wrote:I've made a few more yesterday. I'm uploading it right now, but I saw some changes on the version I didn't know, so it won't be fully completed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0xhh7ytb3773b7x

I made one folder with, it seems to me, explicit names. Almost everything has been a bit changed (but not every single file), so I think you can just replace all ^^

TO NOTICE: Due to some grammar rules in french, I wasn't able to translate correctly parts of your "code" refering to the locale file. (I mean, in french, steam engines is translated by "machineS à vapeur", and you see that s would be IN the __something__ thingy, so ... ) --> I hope it won't be annoying, but I just replaced these words with the correspundant translation. (so I also replaced __ENTITY__steam__engine__s by "machines à vapeur").
I added this to the game, but something is not complete ...

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

What ? A part from lvl 1 demo and trips and ticks (because one said he already did that) and things from 0.27/0.28 updates. If there something else, please tell me :)
I think I'll complete it on next version.

Return to “Translations”