[French 0.2.9] Core + demo

Discuss translation contributions here.
Algent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [French 0.2.6] Core + demo

Post by Algent »

Hi there,
I wanted to help a bit with the translations since I'm good at this.

First I used an idea from the german topic of using a git Repo, it's a great idea on many points and easy to use for something like that (github app is very simple).
repo: https://github.com/Algent/Factorio_FR_Locales

First I used the existing translations I could access from 0.2.7/8 demo and the files here (I don't have access to the Alpha, I donated just when Indiegogo went down and now I guess my mail is just one in an huge Mountain :?).

Then I translated everything that wasn't done (and demo level-01 again because I missed the already translated file :lol: ).
I also changed some translations for various reasons from grammar to context and accuracy.
Commit for full list of changes: https://github.com/Algent/Factorio_FR_L ... f6ad2438ff
I'm probably forgot some things and it's certainly isn't professional level but I hope it will help :mrgreen: .

Now I need some sleep, badly :|.

Edit: Just waked up, I'm going to re-read everything and probably make some changes here and there. I also just received the Alpha so I should be able to check for in-game issues.
Last edited by Algent on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyperbate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hyperbate »

Hi everyone!

If you need help for the translate in FR, i got alpha version yesterday and i work of my side.
I saw your translate on GitHub Algent, this is a good method for teamwork and see what has already been done.

Algent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Algent »

I worked on those translations again today: https://github.com/Algent/Factorio_FR_Locales

-Now I'm pretty sure everything is translated
-Fixed some errors because of failed linking (used _ for - somehow yesterday o_O), now nothing should crash or bug the game.
-Changed many translations (see commits if you want to compare things) and double checked grammar.

It should be much better with this. :mrgreen:

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

What about using something like Google Drive, so we wouldn't be translating the game each one on its own side ? I mean, I already translated the game up to 0.27, and I planned to make it for 0.28 and next version in when I'll be in vacation (in
3 days), and there are also 3 others guys translating ...
Edit: (For french translaters): Pour plus de cohérence, je pense que l'on devrait faire ça ensemble, histoire de ne pas chacun donner une version différente en disant "elle est plus récente, et mieux" ^^. Donc, si vous voulez me contacter, mon skype: matthieu.georgelin. Essayons au moins Google drive moi j'dis ^^.

Algent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Algent »

We can't use google drive for something like this, it would be hell to keep file formating & structure.

BUT it seem we can do something very similar with cloud9, I never used it before but it's supposed to have features similar as those of google drive while being more development oriented. It would allow us to edit, chat while preserving the folders structure (and hopefully the encoding type :roll: ).

I cloned the current repo and it doesn't look half bad to use :P :
https://c9.io/algent/factorio_fr_locales

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hanse00 »

Why not use git and github to host translations? In fact we could get something set up to host all the game translations, allowing people to simply edit the files and let everyone collaborate on it

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

I think the thing he linked is cool enough. Let's translate on it. At least we're done for 0.2.8, at least we're done until the next release come.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I used the latest commit e9875293772c92315486053a698075dede8e29db for the 0.2.9 release.

I will transform the campaign json translation files into cfg (so it can be commented and is easier to work with).
So if you could update the repository from the release files, it would be great.

Algent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Algent »

kovarex wrote:Hello, I used the latest commit e9875293772c92315486053a698075dede8e29db for the 0.2.9 release.

I will transform the campaign json translation files into cfg (so it can be commented and is easier to work with).
So if you could update the repository from the release files, it would be great.
I posted a commit with the new lines for the 0.2.9: https://github.com/Algent/Factorio_FR_L ... 577b280d6a
If it's too late for this, don't bother too much with it ^^.

Hyperbate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hyperbate »

I add some correction in gui.cfg on Github

Algent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Algent »

Hyperbate wrote:I add some correction in gui.cfg on Github
I merged your pull request, thanks you :). Do you want me to add you has a Collaborators on the repo ? Eventually also on cloud9 since with both it's really easy to make changes and push them (git commit -am "comment" and then push).

Files that were changed from json to cfg in new release are now updated in the repository.

Hyperbate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hyperbate »

No problem ;)
Ok for add, it'll be easier for the next update.

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Staxxy »

Is there any way of keeping up with the translation work ? I'd like to give some help too if needed. I'm french native and proficient in english.

Hyperbate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hyperbate »

You can see work on https://github.com/Algent/Factorio_FR_L ... its/master and you can help too if you find something ^^

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hi, I merged the changes into new version.
Could you add me to colaborants of the github project? (My name is kovarex there), so I can repair some things directly?

Dylems
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dylems »

Hello

I found a bug in the french version of the demo:

the "\n" (used to do a word wrap i guess) shouldn't be there. Still a nice job !

Lelouch Vi Britannia orders you...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Don't worry, I just fixed it in 0.2.10 the \n will work again.
It just has to be treated differently when it is read from ini file instead of json.

Algent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Algent »

kovarex wrote:Hi, I merged the changes into new version.
Could you add me to colaborants of the github project? (My name is kovarex there), so I can repair some things directly?
It's done :mrgreen:.

Hyperbate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [French 0.2.9] Core + demo

Post by Hyperbate »

I translated the file for 0.3.0 on GitHub.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [French 0.2.9] Core + demo

Post by kovarex »

Thank you, it is merged with the 0.3.1 already (it will be released tomorrow).

Return to “Translations”