[French 0.2.9] Core + demo

Discuss translation contributions here.
MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[French 0.2.9] Core + demo

Post by MatLaPatate »

Hi, I just post here because I would help your game to be release, and so I think when I'll have the time I'll make a spotlight for french youtubers ;)
But I came with a proposal if you want so: if I knew how to do it, I could help with translating the game in french, because I'm french ^^. Just give me what do you want I to traduce :). I mean, I really want to help you with this game, and apart from sharing with everyone of my friends who might be interested in, I would like to do more, but I don't know anything about coding, since the only things I've made as "coding" for my studies is ... creating math programs on "mapple" ^^. I know traducing the game in french wouldn't be that much helpful ^^, but maybe I could also find guys to do it in some other languages :). But, I just hope it wouldn't take too much of your time, and if it does, then just don't care. :)
Last edited by MatLaPatate on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Translation

Post by kovarex »

Spotlight for french youtubers would be great.

Thank you for the proposal, it is quite easy to do the translation, and I would appreciate it

There are two directories in the locale directory.
cz - czech translation
en - engligh translation.

Just make directory fr there, and copy the contents of the en directory.
Then you can just open and edit the contents of those files (controls.cfg, gui.cfg, entity-descriptions.cfg, item-names.cfg) etc.

This is the translation of the game, there are also translations of individual campaigns.
campaigns\demo\level-01\locale\en.json - czech translation for level 01
campaigns\demo\level-01\locale\cz.json - english translation of level 01
you can just copy en.json -> fr.json and edit it.

If you send me the files, I would happily include it into our game.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Ok, thank you, I'll do it today or tomorow, but just to be sure, the name I have to change is the one on right ? I mean: "wood=Wood"--> I've to overwrite "wood=Bois" ?
As for translation, I'm not sure about all of them, since I wouldn't traduce "engine" something you've called "motor" but ... I guess I could correct it later ^^

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

MatLaPatate wrote:Ok, thank you, I'll do it today or tomorow, but just to be sure, the name I have to change is the one on right ? I mean: "wood=Wood"--> I've to overwrite "wood=Bois" ?
As for translation, I'm not sure about all of them, since I wouldn't traduce "engine" something you've called "motor" but ... I guess I could correct it later ^^
Yes, the left part stays the same, the left part is used as identification, the right part is the translation.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Ok, so it's done in french, I've just let 2 things with the sentence "translation not found yet" as these are things I haven't tested for now (chest requester and storage chest or something like that). There are some others I'm not sure about, also because I haven't tested these function, but that should be good. At least I'll edit when I will test the function in game.
Edit; I haven't done the campaign yet ^^.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lbr9sp3l8ngln1s

Hadigass
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hadigass »

Hi! I'm a friend of mat and I will help him for translation! (just to warn)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hi, thank you for the translation, this helps a lot!

I just added the translation to the game, it seems to work fine, I just had to change the encoding (UTF8->UTF8 without BOM), but that was simple thing to do.
I found out, that the game was just offering czech/english translation, so I changed that it accepts any translation in the locale directory automatically.
I also added the option to french translation to the installer.
So in the next release 0.2.5 it will contain the french translation (of the core game, not the campaign so far).

Btw, the campaign translation is little bit complicated, as in czech (it is the same situation as with fr), we needed different versions of the same word, so we have values like this in the entity-names.cfg:

stone-furnace=Kamenná pec
stone-furnace-2=Kamenné pece
stone-furnace-4=Kamennou pec
stone-furnace-4m=Kamenné pece
And we use the version of the word depending on the usage in the sentence in the campaign:
" .. Vyrob __ENTITY__stone-furnace-4__ (zmáčkni ... "

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

So, the thing between underscore has to be translated also ? I thought it belongs to the code and it was refering to some of your line ... We're going to translate the whole thing today, probably :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

MatLaPatate wrote:So, the thing between underscore has to be translated also ? I thought it belongs to the code and it was refering to some of your line ... We're going to translate the whole thing today, probably :)
The form: __ENTITY__[id]__ means, that it is reffering to the [entity-names] section of locale. called id.

In the example, the __ENTITY__stone-furnace-4 will be replaced with string from entity-names.cfg using "the stone-furnace-4" key, in other words, the process is this:
" .. Vyrob __ENTITY__stone-furnace-4__ (zmáčkni ... "
->
" .. Vyrob Kamennou pec (zmáčkni ... "

PS. We decided to do it this way, so we can change the name of the entity without the need to alter all the texts.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

Ok I think I've understand. Finally I've been lazy today ^^. Sorry, I'll try to finish the translation tonight or tomorow. (but hey, MC takes me a lot of time ^^)
Also, complete translation will be done on next version, probably.
Last edited by MatLaPatate on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mindreader
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mindreader »

I would love to make translation to Russian.

Complete instructions of how to do that I found from upper posts, so I will do that soonest.

( Tchey )
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ( Tchey ) »

For the french translation, "Munitions" is too long and goes out of the screen. Maybe "Charges" or "Coups" ?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

mindreader wrote:I would love to make translation to Russian.

Complete instructions of how to do that I found from upper posts, so I will do that soonest.
We would be thankful for that.
( Tchey ) wrote:For the french translation, "Munitions" is too long and goes out of the screen. Maybe "Charges" or "Coups" ?
I see, you can make it shorter to fit it in.

NatLaTomate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NatLaTomate »

Or may be "chargeurs" (because of the durability) instead of "munitions"

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

I'm really sorry not to have completed that for now, but I've been kind of busy. But this week end I'll have my computer without web acces, so I guess I'll be able to do it ^^. (Or if not, it will be YOUR fault, because that would mean Factorio was too addictive! ^^. Just hoping I won't have that much homework.)
For the french replier (in french ^^): Tu sais, tu peux aussi traduire des fichiers du jeu toi même, c'est pas compliqué et traduire ce qui l'est déja m'a pris moins d'une heure :)

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

I moved this the topic here, to the Help and Contributions forum. Thanks for all the translation work!

( Tchey )
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ( Tchey ) »

I could translate things yes, but i think it's easier to maintain only one "main branch", so i just point it here.

As for "Chargeurs", it's almost as long as "Munitions". Well, nine letters both, actually. The english name is shorter : "Ammo". So, i'll say... "Mun." ?

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MatLaPatate »

No, really, if you want, do it by yourself, I'm not very respectful of time-related question ... we're currently in late, even if I think I may be able to complete it this week end. As for Mun. I agree. I'll change it next time I'll spend a bit of time for translation.

Mononeurone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: French language translation

Post by Mononeurone »

I began the french translation for the campaign in the demo, in first time. First level complete. If MatLaPatate want to check for an another notice ( Si tu veux y jeter un coup d'oeil pour me donner un avis externe).

If you have too a french translation for anything, maybe we can to pool our versions ? :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: French language translation

Post by kovarex »

Hi, its great!

we will release the 0.2.7 version this evening.
It will have full Russian + German, It would be awesome if the French translation was upgraded too, so please, post your work here even if it is not complete.

Return to “Translations”