added the modul names and a few other things

will upload tomorrow i guess

added:
module translation & correct description
splitter
furnaces
a few other things

changed:
logistic chest names (hopefully better to understand allthough no description yet)
correct pickaxe translation
a few other things

since im not able to go to work the next weeks i guess ill continue the translation especially adding description for research and if thats asked for descriptions for every item.
please let me know about this
Attachments
Factorio_Translation_German-master.7z
(12.67 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Last edited by gr0mpel on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.6.1] german translation

Post by kovarex »

Great thank you.
I will put the changes on https://github.com/zeldafan42/Factorio_ ... ion_German with your name and integrate in 0.6.3.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

gr0mpel wrote: logistic chest names (hopefully better to understand allthough no description yet)
I had a look. Would translate it like so
logistic-chest-provider=Anbietertruhe
logistic-chest-storage=Lagertruhe
logistic-chest-requester=Anfordertruhe
Reason: this is not like market (angebot/nachfrage) it's proving/requesting. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

thx.

yeah its quite difficult finding names that suit and describe as good as possible what they do.
i guess i change the translation ssilk.
atm working on technology descriptions.
when i have finished them, i will upload them and you may have a look and tell me whats good/bad, bring your own translation ideas?
would really like the german translation to be easy and understandable even for newbies.
and the more people are trying to achieve this the better it should be.
looking forward to your participation!! (if you want to :) )

edit:
problem with technology description is that there are quite a few technologies that only unlock more technologies..
but i guess that will change with more content
for example chemistry. i guess this will be important when oil gets implemented, but atm..well..its just a step on the way

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

gr0mpel wrote: when i have finished them, i will upload them and you may have a look and tell me whats good/bad, bring your own translation ideas?
I'll monitor your github project. May take some days depending on weather, before I react. :)
would really like the german translation to be easy and understandable even for newbies.
and the more people are trying to achieve this the better it should be.
looking forward to your participation!! (if you want to :) )
German is a difficult but wonderful language, but it's very difficult to find good translations from English, which are both simple and small, because German has more roots and English more words. The results (Denglish) can be seen everywhere ("coffee-to-go" instead of "Kaffee zum mitnehmen" etc.). On the other hand German words are sometime so bulky and have some more chars.

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

ssilk wrote: I'll monitor your github project. May take some days depending on weather, before I react. :)
allright sounds good.
German is a difficult but wonderful language, but it's very difficult to find good translations from English, which are both simple and small, because German has more roots and English more words. The results (Denglish) can be seen everywhere ("coffee-to-go" instead of "Kaffee zum mitnehmen" etc.). On the other hand German words are sometime so bulky and have some more chars.
well, im from germany :D
but finding the right words is indeed complicated even though i read a ton of books both english and german.
and yes - the german language may be beautiful, but its definitely not as simple as english ^^

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

gr0mpel wrote:
ssilk wrote: I'll monitor your github project. May take some days depending on weather, before I react. :)
allright sounds good.
Well, sounds like you don't know what I mean. :) I keep in English, so that the other also understand.

This documentation is how to use git for the translations, so that it should work for nearly everybody and keep the afford low:

1. Go to https://github.com/ make an account and search for "factorio" or in your case "factorio german" ( https://github.com/search?q=factorio+german&ref=cmdform ) - you should use IE9 or Chrome for that.
1.a Click "Watch" on the original repository. This means, that you should get mail, when others change that. See also point 7!
2. You can fork the repository then. It's normally just a click. This means, you have now a version of this repository at github.
3. Change the files. This is in this case easy: Just select the file and click EDIT. Opens a text-editor and you can change here.
4. Now you can make changes as you want and commit your changes back to your forked repository.
5. Write, that you changed it. Kovarex and any other who has some clue about git can take your changes and commit them back to their repository.
6. You can restart from 3.
7. Try to keep your repository in sync with that you have cloned from, so when others change the repository, then you need to "compare and review" the changes. For the simple translations it is normay no problem, but if you are too much out of sync, your changes will make problems.

Hope this is easy enough.

@Kovarex: I never used github like that :), so I hope, this is not too much work to include our changes like so?

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

ah ok.
never worked with github before so no clue how it works :D

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think I must add some words about pull-request.

This changes the above docu like follows:

5. Make a pull request. This sends a request to the originator to pull the changes from your repository into his.

https://help.github.com/articles/creati ... ll-request

The rest continues as above.

Return to “Translations”