Separation of value and units

Discuss translation contributions here.
Juanjo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Separation of value and units

Post by Juanjo »

I noticed in the Introduction campaign that if I hover over Compilatron or the Electricity generator I can see their stats (in Catalan):
Velocitat: 43.2km/h (speed)
Potència sortint: 500GW (output power)

There is one missing non-breaking space between the value and the units:
Velocitat: 43.2 km/h

See International System of Units, section Unit symbols and the values of quantities -> General rules (the first one).

I think it would be better all value/units were separated with a space character.

Thanks in advance

Sephrat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Separation of value and units

Post by Sephrat »

I believe this should be addressed to the dev team as it is not related to translations but can be applied globally regardless of the language.

As for the request you made, I think it is as it is so that the unit is always kept together with the value it refers to (if the line is too long the unit could break into a new line). An unbreakable space would fix the issue.

Juanjo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Juanjo »

I was directed here from Crowdin. If this is not the correct subforum, a moderator can move it to the right one.
I would be happy if one space was added, regardless if it is a non-breaking space or a usual one.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Juanjo wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:27 pm
I would be happy if one space was added, regardless if it is a non-breaking space or a usual one.
A non-breaking space would be that much better! :-)

By the way, is it possible to use non-breaking spaces in the text of forum posts? I've come to use value + unit without a space just so I could make sure that there would be no linebreak in-between, but of course I know that the space belongs there -- and I hate myself each time I'm consciously leaving it out …
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Translations”