Simple-English for children

Discuss translation contributions here.
DellAquila
Inserter
Inserter

Simple-English for children

Post by DellAquila »

We're trying to create a custom locale intended for children to play called simple-english. I am sharing this worksheet to do something together with some friends, feel free to add suggestions there, will be helpful. At the end we can publish along a domain public mod as a new language.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Any sugestions?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simple-English for children

Post by Jap2.0 »

I'll take a look at this - one of the problems is that some of these things can't easily be simplified (although some might be possible with effort, depending on the extent you want to simplify it to - ex. "oil gatherer"). What age of child are you aiming for? It works fine for teenagers, and below that some game concepts may be difficult.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

DellAquila
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DellAquila »

I'm following the idea they gave in this post. I believe children in the range of 5-10 years. Since I am not fluent in English, I have come to ask for help here ... Anyone who wants to take over the project, have ideas from other languages, feel free to do so. If I can help with something, i'm available

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Posted a few things but tbh, do you think your target audience would enjoy the complexity of a game as this? By the time blue science needed to be set up they'd get bored or frustrated.

DellAquila
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DellAquila »

GREAT!! Thanks Aeternus

I am thinking of launching this new "language" for children who want to play the game vanilla (which I also believe to be very complicated), and also with this MOD that simplifies everything in the game, besides changing graphics, etc.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SimpleRecipes

Its a iniciation in this automatization world....

Return to “Translations”