[boskid][1.1.39] working_visualisation/fadeout is broken on Furnace prototype

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[boskid][1.1.39] working_visualisation/fadeout is broken on Furnace prototype

Post by kirazy »

On left, the Angel's clarifier (furnace), next to the Angel's strand casting machine (assembling machine). Both working_visualisations specify that animation has fadeout = true:

Now, editing the clarifier to be an assembly machine:

The animation fades in properly, but when the machine is finished as a furnace it immediately disappears instead of fading out.
Attachments
2021-09-18 23-19-12.mp4
(989.97 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
2021-09-18 23-20-04.mp4
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
Last edited by kirazy on Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: working_visualisation/fadeout is broken on Furnace prototype

Post by boskid »

Can you provide a minimal set of mods to reproduce this issue and update the topic to include the version?

For a moment i was thinking it may be a duplicate of something else (86614) but there is no shared logic between reactor and crafting machine.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.39] working_visualisation/fadeout is broken on Furnace prototype

Post by kirazy »

Done, and done.

Made a cute save and mod just for this, since the particular main mods are as-yet unreleased. Requires Angel's Refining.

Edit: I forgot how slow my upload is to Factorio servers (an issue of itself, given I have 1 gbps up/down...) and hit submit before the attachments were finished...
Attachments
Fadeout Bug.zip
(4.25 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
fadeout_bug_report_1.0.0.zip
(5.89 MiB) Downloaded 110 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.39] working_visualisation/fadeout is broken on Furnace prototype

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report and the files for reproduction. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.40.

In this particular case it was only a drawing issue because the working visualisation got the current recipe id of a furnace which is cleared immediately when furnace finishes its crafting cycle - this prevented tint from being applied as the recipe info was no longer provided. As there is also a "previous recipe ID" available in furnace, i just used it as a fallback the same way as its used for the recipe layer on map where it shows a recipe even when furnace is not working at a given point in time.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”