[0.5.1] Unminable rail tracks

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Dr.Eddy
Inserter
Inserter

[0.5.1] Unminable rail tracks

Post by Dr.Eddy »

Hello,

I tried playing that old save from 0.2 series, that I also uploaded on that unplayable slowness thread. I'm not sure what's happening, but one specific piece of curved rail track cannot be mined - it just says that it cannot be mined and nothing happens. Has anyone encountered this?

Here's the savegame: http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1371730641

You spawn right next to it. That unconnected curvy track.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.5.1] Unminable rail tracks

Post by slpwnd »

Ok, this is a bit tricky. There was a bug in older versions (pre 0.4.x I suppose) which left the tracks in the inconsistent state. The result is that factorio thinks there is a train on the track and therefore it can't be mined / destroyed by gun. This bug has been fixed and newly laid rails should be fine. We haven't made any migration for the old tracks since not many people built tracks before automated rail system was introduced.

There is a simple workaround though. The track can be destroyed via Lua console:
1. Select the track (blue rectangle around)
2. type following into the console: game.player.character.getselected().die()

If you want to see which tracks are in this inconsistent state, simply set the show_rolling_stock_count=basic in the config and then press F5 in the game. The inconsistent tracks are those without a train on them marked with a red dot.

Dr.Eddy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dr.Eddy »

OK, thanks. You'd better move this into the Not a bug subforum.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

I'm moving this to resolved bugs, because technically this was a bug ... in some ancient version.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”