[kovarex] [1.1.25] Placing a map-interactible entity from map view opens entity's GUI when Drag Map is rebound.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jeff.s
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.25] Placing a map-interactible entity from map view opens entity's GUI when Drag Map is rebound.

Post by jeff.s »

This bug can be triggered reliably by rebinding Drag Map, which is something I know players sometimes will do in order to be able to drag an artillery remote on map view to spam-fire at dense biter nests.

Steps to reproduce with a fresh install of 1.1.26 on Win64 (unzipped standalone copy of the game)
  1. Go into settings and rebind "Drag Map" to Shift + Left Mouse Button
  2. Start a new game in Freeplay mode, default settings
  3. Give yourself a power pole: /c game.player.insert('small-electric-pole')
  4. Enter map view and zoom in on your character
  5. Single left click anywhere nearby your character to place the pole
  6. Observe that the electric network interface is opened even though you didn't click twice
If you rebind "Drag Map" back to the default of Left Mouse Button (remembering to hit the confirm button) and then re-enter map view and try it again, this behavior does not happen.

I was able to reproduce this behavior with all of the entities that allow interaction in map view, namely:
  • Small, medium, and large power poles, and substations
  • Train stops
  • Locomotives
  • Power switches
I tried other entities and did not experience this behavior.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.25] Placing a map-interactible entity from map view opens entity's GUI when Drag Map is rebound.

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, I could even reproduce this with my standard setting (as I build and open with right button).
I personally never enoucntered as I don't build normal entity from map view.

Anyway, fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”