[kovarex] [1.1.26] Laser and flamethrower turret damage may not be accurate

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.26] Laser and flamethrower turret damage may not be accurate

Post by Honktown »

There are two bugs:

First: damage modifiers do not show an effect on some of the damage(s), but appear to actually change it when attacking enemies:
incomplete modifiers

Second: Laser and Flamethrower turret damage modifiers do not show at all!
Prepared save, showing what appears to be normal damage in tooltips:
turret_display.zip
(734.81 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Run this in console:

Code: Select all

/c
local p = game.player
local f = p.force
f.set_turret_attack_modifier("flamethrower-turret", 1000)
f.set_ammo_damage_modifier("flamethrower", 0)

f.set_turret_attack_modifier("laser-turret", 1000)
f.set_ammo_damage_modifier("laser", 0)
What it looks like:
tooltips
Spawn a couple of behemoth biters in /editor and:
Effect
The only damage shown is from ammo modifications (except ammo-turrets show correctly). For an unmodded game, the damage bonus for lasers is only on the ammo, so the damage shown was accurate (but would not be for turret changes). For flamethrower turrets, the damage would be expected to be (1+modifier)^2 because the modifiers on ammo and turret are equal in value, each research.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.26] Laser and flamethrower turret damage may not be accurate

Post by jodokus31 »

Regarding first case:
the 100 damage per sec. for the fire-sticker is not affected by refined-flammable research. Don't know, if it is as intended.

And flamethrower ammo should affect the handheld flamethrower and not the turret, but here is probably another related bug:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=94649

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.26] Laser and flamethrower turret damage may not be accurate

Post by Honktown »

jodokus31 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:27 pm
Regarding first case:
the 100 damage per sec. for the fire-sticker is not affected by refined-flammable research. Don't know, if it is as intended.
I believe it is affected, because one can go the other "direction". A scenario reduced flamethrower ammo to 1/4 (-0.75) and same with flamethrower turret - the actual damage was pitiful (1/16th would be the predicted value). The damage to a behemoth biter was really poor, such as single digits of health per second. If the Applied Effect weren't changed, the damage would've been higher.

The issue you have is the same...

It appears the "ammo modifier" might influence the base damage type(s) of the ammo (category?) somehow. Bullets and other ammo have a category, but the liquid for flamers and lasers do not. Obviously flame turrets don't have a gun and neither do laser turrets. Artillery shells don't get physical / explosive damage boosts for example and artillery do have a gun... but flamethrower turrets get the flamer ammo boost.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.26] Laser and flamethrower turret damage may not be accurate

Post by kovarex »

Hello and thanks for the report.

As you wrote, this is basically 2 separate issues, one is that the turret bonus wasn't shown for laser+fluid turrets, and the other is not not displaying the bonus in the flame sticker (the flame bound to the biters).

Both are fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”