[Rseding91] [1.1.15] Prototype GUI current search not applied when mod filter changed

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.15] Prototype GUI current search not applied when mod filter changed

Post by Silari »

What
When using the Prototype GUI, and having searched for a particular term, if you then select a mod from the filter list (or change the mod filter if one is set), the results show all results from that mod, without taking the search into account.
What Happens
A search string is set and only matching prototypes are shown in the list as expected.
A search string is set and only matching prototypes are shown in the list as expected.
searched.PNG (58.36 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
After setting the filter, the search string is completely ignored despite still being shown.
After setting the filter, the search string is completely ignored despite still being shown.
filtered.PNG (58.98 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
After changing the search string in any way, it gets applied properly. Clearly most of the results in the last image would not have been there if the search were applied.
After changing the search string in any way, it gets applied properly. Clearly most of the results in the last image would not have been there if the search were applied.
researched.PNG (15.06 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
What's Expected
I would expect the search to still be applied after setting/changing the filter, and only show me prototypes that are both from the selected mod AND match the search filter. If that isn't feasible or desirable for some reason, I'd expect the search box to be cleared when the mod filter is set, so the user knows to reset it.

It's relatively minor, but annoying when you're using it a lot.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.15] Prototype GUI current search not applied when mod filter changed

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Iccor56
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.15] Prototype GUI current search not applied when mod filter changed

Post by Iccor56 »

how do you open this GUI??

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Iccor56 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 pm
I believe it is either shift or alt f-5 by default
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Iccor56 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 pm
CTRL + SHIFT + E. It's in control settings under Debug.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”