[1.1.13] Searching Controls GUI causes every collapsed category to permanently reveal contents

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
DrNefario
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.13] Searching Controls GUI causes every collapsed category to permanently reveal contents

Post by DrNefario »

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Collapse any category in Controls Settings
  2. Search for anything, then cancel the search
What happens:
Any categories that were collapsed now show all their contents, but are also still marked as collapsed.

What I expected to happen:
Either of the following
  • Collapsed categories are temporarily expanded during search, then go back to not being expanded after the search is complete
  • Collapsed categories don't reveal their contents at all, and simply show up in search results so they can be expanded if desired
The specific behaviour is up to you, but personally, I don't understand why someone would collapse a category they want to search.

Here's an example of a collapsed category that shows it's contents after a search:
collapsed-category.png
collapsed-category.png (15.08 KiB) Viewed 698 times
And here's an example of how it ended up in this state:

Since my last report was marked as "not a bug", I've tried to be much clearer at exactly what the bug is.
A collapsed category should not show it's contents after a search. This is a bug.
Attachments
still-collapsed.mp4
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 50 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.13] Searching Controls GUI causes every collapsed category to permanently reveal contents

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I fixed that the button would show as collapsed when searching and something matched in the category.

I don't consider it a bug that searching expands categories; searching is meant to show all matches. If you aren't interested in a match in a category then scroll past it, or refine the search so it better matches what you're looking for.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DrNefario
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.13] Searching Controls GUI causes every collapsed category to permanently reveal contents

Post by DrNefario »

Thank you! If it's not too much effort, I would love if it also kept the state of each category then restored it after the search is over. It's not a huge issue, but it just makes searching feel much more complete.
Regardless, I'm glad this issue is solved.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”