[Twinsen][1.1.3] Shift-click copying a power switch's settings doesn't.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Twinsen][1.1.3] Shift-click copying a power switch's settings doesn't.

Post by foamy »

Pretty straightforward: If you try to use shift-click to copy the circuit settings from one power switch to another, it doesn't work; the settings do not transfer. Also, for some reason, it disconnects the power wire on the other side of the switch from the indicator light. Pasting over an existing switch with a blueprint works correctly.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.3] Shift-click copying a power switch's settings doesn't.

Post by Twinsen »

It seems to work correctly. You probably didn't select the source entity correctly. Do you have some exact steps to reproduce the issue?

Shift-click is also the keyboard shortcut for "Remove pole cables", so if there is nothing to paste, the cables are removed from the side the mouse is closest to.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.3] Shift-click copying a power switch's settings doesn't.

Post by foamy »

Twinsen wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:21 am
It seems to work correctly. You probably didn't select the source entity correctly. Do you have some exact steps to reproduce the issue?

Shift-click is also the keyboard shortcut for "Remove pole cables", so if there is nothing to paste, the cables are removed from the side the mouse is closest to.
Behaviour appears different in between SP and MP, even on the same game with the same mods. I don't believe I have any mods that touch the power system, though I could pull the list if needed.

It is correct in SP. A shift-right -> shift-left will copy & paste, and simply doing a shift-left will cut the power.

However, in MP, it is not. The exact steps are as follows, though I don't know as yet how many are requirements:

Build two power poles (I used mediums), positioned with a large enough gap between them so that they do not autoconnect. I used three tiles. Put a power switch between them and manually connect it to both poles. Wire in a single red circuit wire to the switch from one of the power poles, and set the signal condition.

Build exactly the same setup, wholly disconnected from the first, but don't set up the circuit condition on the second power switch. Use shift-right-click on the first switch, then shift-left-click on the second. The second switch will behave as if you had simply shift-left-clicked directly on it, and cut the cable instead of copying settings.

Edit: I could buy it being by a misclick the first time, but not after five or six tries of testing. I do know how to copy-paste :p

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][1.1.3] Shift-click copying a power switch's settings doesn't.

Post by Twinsen »

Right, key information was that this is multiplayer. Sounds like a latency hiding issue, will investigate.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

Yeah, sorry for not including that initially. I didn't realize it was MP only until you told me you couldn't repro it and I went and did a quick check in SP and then couldn't repro it either. Was wondering if I was going nuts until I realized there was a distinction I'd missed :v

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Fixed in Version: 1.1.6
Thanks for the report.

It was related to copy pasting too fast(faster than round-trip latency) in a multiplayer game.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

Great, thanks!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”