[posila] [1.1.0] Menu Simulation Mod not working when zipped

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[posila] [1.1.0] Menu Simulation Mod not working when zipped

Post by Stringweasel »

Hello!

I wrote a mod that adds custom menu simulations, and it works (quite beautifully). But, when I zip the mod it stops working. It doesn't crash or anything. At the main menu I'm simply met with an error message that reads:

Code: Select all

File D:/Games/Factorio/Factori0_x64_1.1.1/Factorio_1.1.1/temp/currently-playing-background does not exist
I'm providing a minimal example mod to recreate this behaviour. The mod uses one of your menu-simulations that I copied to eliminate me messing up the save file. It also removes the vanilla simulations from

Code: Select all

data
for quick debugging (it still fails without this setting). So, if you run the mod by simply putting the zip in the mods folder it will give the aforementioned error. But if you unzip it, then it will run without issues and show biters bases waiting for artillery that will never arrive (I removed it).

I might be missing something since there are no example mods out there yet, but I've been playing with different combinations for a few hours now. I also tried unzipping the saves themselves, but this didn't change the outcome. I tested this in Factorio 1.1 and 1.1.1.

The main menu simulations are awesome though! It looks really amazing. Thanks!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.23 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Testing_0.0.1.zip
(148.58 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Menu Simulation Mod not working when zipped

Post by Deadlock989 »

Can confirm. I made a custom menu simulation from scratch which replaces the vanilla definitions. It works as expected when the mod is in a folder, but you get a completely black screen when the mod is zipped.

PFQNiet
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Menu Simulation Mod not working when zipped

Post by PFQNiet »

I'll add my confirmation to this as well with my own mod.
Deadlock989 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:27 am
... you get a completely black screen when the mod is zipped.
I thought I got this but then I moved the menu aside to reveal an error: "level.dat not found"

Unzipping the mod "fixed" the issue.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [1.1.0] Menu Simulation Mod not working when zipped

Post by Bilka »

This was fixed in 1.1.3.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”