[posila] [1.1.0] AltGr is treated like left Alt so some characters can not be created

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[posila] [1.1.0] AltGr is treated like left Alt so some characters can not be created

Post by theRustyKnife »

I use a czech keyboard layout, so I use alt gr + b to type {. This used to work fine in the in-game console, but now it brings up the blueprint. Combinations that aren't bound to any shortcut in the game work fine. This is admittedly quite a minor issue, though a very annoying one when debugging mods...

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Can't type some characters in the console because alt gr is treated like left alt

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

you can rebind all controls in the controls menu under settings.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Antyradek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Can't type some characters in the console because alt gr is treated like left alt

Post by Antyradek »

This bug also causes to be unable to input Polish special characters in any other text fields, especially Ł, and other characters like Ś, Ą, cause player movement too.
We use US keyboard layout with ALT GR for special characters.
It happens under Linux for me.

THIS IS A GIANT BUG... i think.
Well, at least it is annoying.

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:17 pm
you can rebind all controls in the controls menu under settings.
Yes, but I shouldn't have to do that just to be able to type a certain character ;)

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Can reproduce that this worked in 1.0 and got broken with 1.1.0.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Hanakocz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hanakocz »

Can confirm this happening as well. By pressing right ALT, it also ignores some specific input to go into console, even if those are non-alt modified inputs in settings.
For example G is for connecting train wagons, pressing ALT + G in console should write special character for me, but spams "cannot connect the train" message.
However ALT + B triggers ALT + B keybind (new blueprint into mouse) instead of B keybind (open blueprint library), that would mean that this bug on ALT+button press returns ALT+button operation OR button operation, first that it finds.

However I found out temporary workaround to actually get those special characters into the console(one needs to write the commands somehow lol), one just needs to spam/hold the keys for a while, if you surpass the amount of inputs of 1 per tick, next key inputs will go to chat (I guess). Still pretty severe thing to fix :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [1.1.0] AltGr is treated like left Alt so some characters can not be created

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
Fixed for 1.1.4

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”