[Oxyd] [1.0.0] biters and spitters frozen

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
shakephobia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Oxyd] [1.0.0] biters and spitters frozen

Post by shakephobia »

All biters and spitters are frozen. There are no modes loaded at all. I did not try to engage them before reporting the bug.
Following the bug report instructions:
1. What did you do? I don't know what I did to cause this, I only noticed because I got suspicious about not being under attack for too long.
2. What happened? All biters are frozen - not moving, not attacking, not expanding. Sometimes one of them moves, but the rest are frozen.
3. What did you expect to happen instead? I expected biters and spitters to move, expand and attack me when my pollution cloud reaches them.

I can confirm that they were responsive for the majority of the game. I did not notice when they stopped responding, so I am not sure what exactly I did to trigger this..
However, it happens every time I load the save, so maybe you can reproduce it by loading my save.
This is a death world and peaceful is not enabled.
Attaching the save file (please don't judge my factory I love it and i'm having fun).
Also attached logs as request.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(11.37 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
factorio-current.log
(15.68 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
game is 1.0 death world.zip
(15.82 MiB) Downloaded 119 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [1.0.0] biters and spitters frozen

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, should be fixed in 1.1.0.

shakephobia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shakephobia »

Thanks you for the update. Can you share some details about what was the problem?

Edit: Should I expect a massive onslaught if I load this game when 1.1.0 comes out?

404UnexpectedError
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 404UnexpectedError »

Replying to this as I'm playing 1.1.6 experimental and am seeing the same issue when I view enemy bases via radar. They engage normally when I'm on foot/vehicle but I think the usual attacks have slowed down. I'm going to play some more before lodging a proper bug report.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I think it's some ups saving method to just not animate all enemies.

Sometimes I also see attack groups waiting for their CPU cycle or smth and don't move until then.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

404UnexpectedError wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:54 am
Replying to this as I'm playing 1.1.6 experimental and am seeing the same issue when I view enemy bases via radar. They engage normally when I'm on foot/vehicle but I think the usual attacks have slowed down. I'm going to play some more before lodging a proper bug report.
If they attack normally then you're fine, they go inactive when not near a player, actively attacking due to pollution, expanding, etc. intentionally.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”