Shortcut "get-blueprint-item" action no longer works with capsules

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Shortcut "get-blueprint-item" action no longer works with capsules

Post by raiguard »

My "Tapeline" mod adds a shortcut to get the capsule that it uses to draw tapes. To do this, I use the create-blueprint-item action type, and set the item_to_create to be the capsule. However, in a recent update (not sure when exactly it happened) that stopped working. When you click the shortcut, nothing happens.

The same action still works for custom inputs so I have concluded this to be a bug.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Tapeline (requires the Factorio Library)
2. Click the shortcut
3. Nothing happens (the capsule should be put into your cursor)
Don't forget, you're here forever.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Shortcut "get-blueprint-item" action no longer works with capsules

Post by kovarex »

Well, it was a bugfix, as the internal InputAction sent by the client to spawn an item could spawn basically anything the client sent to it, so you could use it to spawn power-armor-mk2 in the first second.

Now, the check is that it is one of the few specific selection tool thingies, but it might make sense if we added some ItemPrototype flag "spawnable", to allow spawning of some specific items through this action.

Since we don't want to make more changes to the game right before 1.0 release, I will add this change to the 1.1, that will come later.

Edit: Its easy to work around, just set the shortcut to give a lua event instead, and then give the item with script

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Shortcut "get-blueprint-item" action no longer works with capsules

Post by raiguard »

kovarex wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:52 pm
Since we don't want to make more changes to the game right before 1.0 release, I will add this change to the 1.1, that will come later.

Edit: Its easy to work around, just set the shortcut to give a lua event instead, and then give the item with script
Fair enough, it's a pretty easy workaround. Maybe at the same time, the give-blueprint-item action could be renamed to spawn-item, since it's not necessarily just used for blueprints. But, that's not really necessary if it's infeasible.

Thanks!
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”