[0.18.32] Saving to a zip file overwrites the last selected save file.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ETK03
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.32] Saving to a zip file overwrites the last selected save file.

Post by ETK03 »

I have an empty folder in my factorio saves folder, and it shows in brackets in the save menu. I clicked on the folder, and the save button was enabled and allowed me to click it, however it did not save to the zip file. Instead, it saved to the last save I had selected, and didn't ask for confirmation before overwriting my 50 hour save file with a 7 hour one. Factorio should have either told me I couldn't save, or had the save button disabled.

Steps to reproduce:
- Have a folder(empty or with other files in it) and a save file in the factorio saves directory.
- Go into a game and then click "save game". Select the save file, then select the folder and click save.
- The game will save to the save file you selected first instead of the folder you currently had selected.
Last edited by ETK03 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] Saving to a zip file overwrites the last selected save file.

Post by someone1337 »

There seems to be another issue: Double-clicking on the list where its not covered by a save-file-name will perform the save or load action without any additional confirmations to the last selected filename.

So when you select a savefile to be overwritten, then double-click on the list-pane, it will overwrite the last selected file, no questions asked.

I run into this a few times, but thanks to btrfs I can roll back any changes on my filesystem pretty easily and did not bother to report this before.

It also has some weird behavior with sub-directories in "saves" as it cd's around - imho the support for navigatable subdirectories should be removed and only used for loading extracted zip files.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.32] Saving to a zip file overwrites the last selected save file.

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I disabled saving when a folder is selected in the saves list.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”