[0.11.15] [kovarex] Corrupted rail segment

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Cloner
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.11.15] [kovarex] Corrupted rail segment

Post by Cloner »

We have a rail segment that cannot be killed. If you build a train on it the train becomes corrupted and randomly crashes the game.

http://www.filedropper.com/bug2

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.15] [kovarex] Corrupted rail segment

Post by kovarex »

I thought that this can no longer happen in the newest versions, but I was probably wrong.

Is there anything special you were doing on the rail?

You can remove it manually using the console, for example something like this (when you are player 2 and have it selected)

Code: Select all

/c game.players[2].selected.destroy()

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

kovarex wrote:I thought that this can no longer happen in the newest versions, but I was probably wrong.

You can remove it manually using the console, for example something like this (when you are player 2 and have it selected)

I can confirm that I've had this too. I assumed it was to do with the Logistic Wagons mod but quite possibly not. I was crashing a train into itself round a sharp bend at the time it happened for me.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

xBlizzDevious wrote:
kovarex wrote:I thought that this can no longer happen in the newest versions, but I was probably wrong.

I can confirm that I've had this too. I assumed it was to do with the Logistic Wagons mod but quite possibly not. I was crashing a train into itself round a sharp bend at the time it happened for me.
My mod, 5dim or the previous one that it was forked from? If it was my version then it's unlikely since I don't mess with the rail segments at all. The only thing that is added is the new wagon and an invisible storage chest that follows the wagon around.

Edit: That sounded a bit snarky, I mean to say that in my version there are no rail segments unlike the other two mods.
Last edited by gnz on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

I can remember back in 0.3.2 or so I had a very long corrupted rail and didn't know that forum. :cry:

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

gnz wrote:
xBlizzDevious wrote:
kovarex wrote:-snip-
Your mod (active providers don't seem to work, by the way - rest are great, thanks!). I didn't think it was anything to do with your mod, or any other mods I had installed at the time (I think yours was the only trains one) but I wasn't certain.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I don't really know what to do with this. I'm moving it to pending until it is reproduced somehow.

Cloner
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cloner »

I have just killed a wagon on rail due to collision and produced another unkillable rail.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Do you have reproducible scenario, or save before it happened? I just spent half an hour simulating different kinds of train crashes and it works properly for me.

P.S. The unkillable train is detectable when you set the debug option "show_rolling_stock_count" (F4)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Ok, I managed to reproduce error related to this, when train crashes to itself, it is fixed for 0.11.16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”