[0.18.26] Suspicious Turret Prototype/superclass property

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.26] Suspicious Turret Prototype/superclass property

Post by Linver »

Hi, I'm not really sure that this is a bug or a missing/wrong documentation but because is not clear I decide to post this in the Bug Reports section.

We are talking about the Turret Prototype in particular about the rotating_sound property.
The rotating_sound property seems to not work on any turret subclasses of the Turret Prototype, in fact the only turret that seems to have a working rotating_sound is the Artillery Turret Prototype that strangely seems to have an additional property called rotating_stopped_sound and to not inherits the turret Turret Prototype (I suppose that the artillery turrets use a completely different code).
So, rotating_sound of Turret Prototype it's really usable property? Need a special conditions to be used? Is a wrong copy paste in the documentation? Or is bugged?

Thank you for your attention.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.26] Suspicious Turret Prototype/superclass property

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That is an unused property on the turret. The way the sound logic worked it didn't work for standard turrets due to their "update only when someone is around to shoot at maybe."

I just forgot to remove the value. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”