[posila] [0.18.17] (possible) Graphics bug - black vertical line on certain zoom level

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
GluAp
Inserter
Inserter

[posila] [0.18.17] (possible) Graphics bug - black vertical line on certain zoom level

Post by GluAp »

factorio Bug.png
factorio Bug.png (7.4 MiB) Viewed 3682 times
As you can see I encountered this black vertical line when walking through the environment. It is only visible at 3 steps in from maximum zoom level. It stays at this exakt horizontal position only - meaning: it doesn't move its position in the world. If it can be seen on a certain player position, it will be seen over the complete world, as long as the player moves only vertically (parallel to the glitched line).
When moving the player horizontally it sometime disappears and reappears. Altough the line is located on the border between two chunks.

However: The line can't be seen from map view and it will not be seen using the /screenshot command.

I'm playing modded. I think Krastorio² and Alien Biomes would be the relevant mods here. I remember having this bug once before on 0.17.xy and other mod environment, other graphics driver and another graphics card.

Log file attached. If you need anything else or need me to do something, please just tell me so. I have a feeling that this will not be easily reproducable on a different computer system?
factorio-current.log
(31.84 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.17] (possible) Graphics bug - black vertical line on certain zoom level

Post by posila »

Can you open F4 debug menu and enable "show-detailed-info" and make a new screenshot with the line in the view?

GluAp
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.17] (possible) Graphics bug - black vertical line on certain zoom level

Post by GluAp »

Here you are:
factorio Bug - detailed info.png
factorio Bug - detailed info.png (7.31 MiB) Viewed 3670 times
fyi: I had to hide modded UI Elements
I play in windowed mode but the line is visible in FullScreen too.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [0.18.17] (possible) Graphics bug - black vertical line on certain zoom level

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
I think I have finally figured it out. Should be fixed for 1.1

GluAp
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [posila] [0.18.17] (possible) Graphics bug - black vertical line on certain zoom level

Post by GluAp »

Wow. Didn't expect this topic to come up again after such a long time.

Thank you very much for remembering this bug and for fixing it. Best Devs :D

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”